Chapter 12

MITCH's POV
The morning after Scott had watched Kyra. I was curious as to why Kyra was crying into Scott's shoulder when I got to the house.
Scott was already in the living room when I walked in. He was texting someone. I started to look over his shoulder, but he pulled his phone away.
"Who are you texting?" I asked.
"Kyra," he said, "please don't look at my phone. I have some private things on it."
"Okay..." I said, not wanting to get any deeper into it, "Why was Kyra crying yesterday?"
"Nosy much?" Scott said rudely. I had never seen him like this.
"You okay, Scooter?" I asked. Then he did something that he never does, he started crying. Not just crying, but bawling into my shoulder. "It's okay Scott," I said, "You want to talk about it?"
"It's Kyra," he said, "She told me something yesterday, but I can't tell you. I swore that I wouldn't tell anyone. Not even Kevin."
"Shouldn't her dad know if something is going on?" I asked.
"No!" Scott yelled, "I've told you too much, already. Just leave me alone." He stormed into his room.
He left his phone on the couch. I was sitting there thinking about what could have happened. Scott's phone went off. I looked at the screen. Kyra: Scott, I need you to come over right now. Something happened.
I was kind of scared for what was happening. I walked into Scott's room to find him lying on his bed, bawling into his pillow.
"Scott," I said.
"Don't you ever knock?" He snapped back.
"I-it's Kyra," I said, "She texted you, she said that she needed you right now."
"What did I tell you about looking at my phone?" He yelled at me. He looked at his phone and his face went from angry to scared. "Grab me two boxes of Kleenexes and a tub of gluten-free ice cream. I did exactly what he told me to do. I also grabbed him his keys.
"Thanks," he said.
"Do you want me to come with?" I asked.
"If you want to drive 90 mph," He said, pulling on a hat.
"I'm in," I said following him out the door.
Scott sat down in the passenger seat, and I sat down in the driver's seat and I started the car. Scott got a text.
"Is that Kyra?" I asked.
"Yeah," he said, "Hurry up. She said that she needs me there with her ASAP!"
"We should be there in 2 minutes," I said, driving a little faster.
As soon as we got to the house, Scott jumped out of the car and went to the front door. He tried to open it, but it was locked. He rang the doorbell and knocked on the door until Avi came to the door.
"What is it Scott?" He asked.
"Is Kyra in her room?" He asked.
"Yeah, she is. Why?" Before he could finish, Scott pushed past him and sprinted upstairs.
"What's going on?" Kevin asked me as I came to the door.
"I have no clue," I said as I sat down on the couch.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SCOTT's POV
I pushed past Avi and sprinted up to Kyra's room, barely noticing that I was crying.
I knocked on the door, "Ky, It's Scott. Can I come in?"
"Come in," Kyra said through sobs.
I ran to her, lying on her bed.
"What happened?" I asked, frantically. She handed me her phone. It was opened up to a text message
Andrea: Hey, anorexic. You haven't been at school for the past two weeks. Too chicken to come?
Kyra: What do you want?
Andrea: Meet me in the alley in between the school and the orphanage where you live at 10. You know what we will be doing.
Kyra: I'm not going to fight you.
Andrea: That's fine, I'll just beat you up instead.
Kyra: I'm not coming
Andrea: You better come or you'll wish I would have just beat you up in the first place. btw don't even think about bringing anyone unless you are ready for all of the little girls at the orphanage to be hurt along with you
"She's going to kill me, Scott," Kyra cried.
"Don't go. She doesn't know where you live now. She can't hurt you," I said, pulling her onto my lap.
"She has nerd minions who could track my phone," Kyra said, "I don't want her to hurt me or any of the girls at the orphanage."
"At least let us come with you," I said, "We can support you."
"No," she says, "Her brother will be there. He is the star of the senior wrestling team. I can't let you get hurt. It's my problem. Let me deal with it."
"You at least need to tell your dad and the other members of PTX," I said, "Your dad is probably really worried about you."
"I can't tell them," Kyra said, "I'm to ashamed to tell them. Can you tell them?"
"Of course I can," I say as I put her on my back and gave her a piggy back ride downstairs.
When we get downstairs, Kirstie is there too. "Are you okay, Ky?" Kevin asked. He was obviously crying. Kyra was still sobbing into the back of my shirt. Kev took her off my back and held her up against his chest.
"Kyra told me something yesterday that she made me promise not to tell you guys. She gave me permission to tell you everything that I am about to tell you," I said, "Kyra was bullied at her old school for being to skinny. She was called nasty names like 'anorexic' and she was beat up all of the time."
As I said that, Kyra pulled up her shirt to show her stomach. Kirstie fainted, but was caught by Mitch who was bawling like Avi. Kevin was in shock.
"How long ago was this?" Mitch asked after Kirstie woke up.
"The day before Dad adopted me," Kyra sobbed.
"Wh-Who did this?" Kevin asked, still shocked.
"A girl at school and her older brother," Kyra said.
Then I handed Kevin the phone to read the texts from Andrea. "NO!!!" He yelled, "YOU CAN'T GO!!! I'M BEGGING YOU, PLEASE!!!! I LOVE YOU TOO MUCH TO SEE YOU HURT!!! YOU ARE MY EVERYTHING!!!"
"I have to go, Dad," Kyra said quietly, "She is going to track me down and hurt us. I can't do that to you guys. This is my fight. I'm going to go get ready and walk downtown. I love you guys so much!"
Kyra went upstairs to change. "We can't let her do this!" Kirstie said.
"We aren't," I said, "I know where she is going and we can fight them if needed.
"Okay," Avi said, "What's the plan?"