Regret

I love you.

Gods, I've always loved you, I just... I could never say it. I didn't know how to and now? Now it's too late. Your one day here is almost up.

I hold your battered body in my arms, tear drops splling on your torn GI. I won't make it out of this fight alive, I can feel it...

But it's what I deserve in a sense, isn't it you foolish clown? For killing those innocent people in front of you simply to prove a point?

Yet you still tried to protect me from myself. You're a different breed entirely, Kakarot. I hate you so much that it hurts. But all in the same breath, I'm hopelessly in love with you. With who you are as a person, how gentle you are. To everyone..

Because in your eyes, everyone is redeemable.

So maybe this is my way of making amends, showing you that your theory isn't completely based on naive grounds. I lay your unconscious body back on the rocky terrain ground, eerily similar to the backdrop we had when we first met... First fought...

I stare mindlessly at your halo for a few more moments before willing myself to leave you. Hopefully you can forgive me when you wake up. Heh, who am I kidding you probably forgave me the moment I knocked you out.

Take care, Kakarot. Thank you...