Fishing Lessons

"Are you sure we're in the right spot? We've been out here all day and nothing's happening!" Vegeta chuckles affectionately at his lover's impatience and childishness, his eyes closed.

"My love, we've been out here for twenty minutes. You have to wait for a fish to bite at your diy hook." The smaller prince exhales, amused at the makeshift rod and reel made from a simple stick and string.

Vegeta advised his mate that it would be easier to buy proper fishing gear from their local hardware store but no. He insisted that the sinarapans had to be caught with the utmost care, which Vegeta understood.

Sort of.

But trying to do so with a stick that looks like a twig that could snap at any moment? Speaking of...

"Damn! Not again." Vegeta stifles a grin at his prediction coming true for a second time and watches as he reaches for another stick, tying the string around the tip, another poor worm biting the dust.

"Sweetheart, why is it so important for you to do this?"

"Because you said that I couldn't." The shorter giggles aloud and although Goku's intent on winning their bet and proving his dear one wrong, he smirks.

What a sweet sound and Vegeta giggles again, breathlessly. "Fine, fine. May I suggest that you at least get an actual fishing rod?"

"No. Accepting any more expertise from you would be cheating. So hush, sit back and allow the master to work."

-'------

"Don't. say. a. word." Vegeta doesn't, laughing too hard to get anything coherent out anyhow. They indeed did stay out there all day and Goku hadn't caught a single fish. To be fair, the shorter tried to warn him this might happen. But alas, he wasn't heeded.

Seems like Goku was the one that showed pride for the sake of winning. "Let's get this over with." He groans, plopping down on the couch, Vegeta curled up in his lap.

"With pleasure." The prince replies between bouts of chortling. Let the ten hour something of a marathon begin.

'Fucking Twilight. I'm never making a bet with this man again.'