"I Can't Sleep Without You."

3:30 a.m. The fiery red numbers on the digital clock appeared to be mocking the prince.

He tried desperately to ignore it, flipping over on his other side to a more depressing sight; his mate not being there beside him. He wasn't far, Vegeta hearing the rigorous training Goku was putting himself through in their backyard. He understood it, hell normally it was him out there.

But tonight he just wanted to cuddle. He wanted Goku's burly arms around him, warm breath cascading down the back of his neck.

He waited twenty excruciating minutes and still nothing. His colossal ego was the only thing preventing him from marching out there and telling Goku to get his butt back in this bed.

'Dammit, this is impossible! To hell with this.' Vegeta threw his comforters off, instantly chilled as his feet touched the glacial floors. He often advised his goofy mate that they should get carpet installed but alas it hadn't been done.

Running off of slight insomnia, the prince galloped out the front doors, bumping into a torn gi wearing Goku. The taller turned around dumbfounded, concern and disapproval swirling rapidly on his face.

"Sweetheart, why are you out here? Barefooted at that?" The latter is asked with a meancing type of tone, the one that sounded like Vegeta knew better.

And he did. He just wasn't thinking at the moment.

"I..." Gods, this felt so degrading albeit it was the most basic thing. Goku oogled him, patiently waiting for a response.

'C'mon, Vegeta. Pull yourself together. You're just telling him you want to cuddle. Get ahold of yourself.' Vegeta gathered his breath, which seemed to be in short supply, before forcing out the sentence that had been rattling around in his head for half an hour.

"I can't sleep without you." He blurted out, biting on the inside of his cheek. There, that wasn't so bad. Well, not nearly as much as the prince thought it would be. To his shock, Goku let out a tenderhearted titter, lifting up the smaller in his arms.

"You are something else, you know that? You rushed downstairs in fifty degree weather with nothing to protect your feet, do not do that again by the way, to tell me you want to cuddle?" Goku nuzzled his face playfully into spiky hair, the prince purring at it.

"So what?" The taller chuckled, not bothering to put his mate on his side of the bed. He'd be out like a light in five minutes and all Goku had to do was keep him curled into him.

"You'll be pleased to hear we're getting carpet tomorrow. Sweet dreams, little one."