Chapter 26: Half Formed

He had become a father, in a way he never wanted or thought he would. He wanted to make his parents proud, his mother to be exact, to marry a woman she would approve of and later start a family. Instead, he had to take care of a boy whose mother and father were people who betrayed him. At least he knew he took his revenge, but it wasn't enough. The siblings decided to take their separate ways for the night, as heartbroken as Jehan was, he had to fulfill his duty.

He rode on his horse and headed to the Palace of Justice, the baby had fallen asleep in Jehan's arms as Claude handed the child to his brother and departed. It was a cold night for everybody and a dark one. The rest of the gypsies would weep and grieve for the loss of a family to be. "What sort of witchcraft would create a child like this? Maria, you really crossed the line and now you burn in Hell. You could've joined me, but you decided to run, for the last time.", Claude was lost in his thoughts but arrived home, early enough to take a look at his prisoners. 

The door was opened for him, one of his maids bowed for him.  As usual, Claude crossed a small greeting to them, and to prepare him tea, he was having a headache and he doubted he would have an easy sleep. Maria's gaze was haunting him, her eyes piercing his, begging him. It just made him angrier, made him boil for more killings. He had to distract himself and he knew how. But first, he needed a drink, a few drinks to celebrate the victory he battled long ago. One day, one day he will get rid of every gypsy, just like his father planned for. He was on the verge of entering this next war, the three siblings were behind him, staring at the Judge as he poured wine onto a glass.

Segenis: You failed to destroy her.

Iaga: Your thirst for vengeance is weak.

Sodexus: The years have soften your hate.

Claude: I killed her as I intended to. I did not want a quick death for her, I wanted to give her a choice. She was to burn at the stake or join me.

Iaga: Not Maria, but the child.

Segenis: The child will be your doom.

Claude: I am gifted with lies, like the snake convinced Eve to take a bite from the forbidden apple I will convince him, his mother was a monster like she was to my family.

Sodexus: Always keep that which started it all, keep his sentence with you. The time will come when it will be useful once again. Your doom, is only half formed if you play by the rules.

Claude: Half- formed...that's it. 

Finishing his drink,  Claude left his room and into the dungeons to catch up with the oldest of friends and one force in Claude's madness and destruction, ignoring the triplets presence and warnings about his life.