Advance

Arc: Level C [Continued]

October 8 - *14 years ago*

Finally, it was nighttime. The moment were I could be free, without anyone watching me. They all believed I was asleep after all...

As I carefully and quietly get out of my bed, I look around before walking to the middle of my spacious room.

Eventually, Zarith appears as he always does, with a smirk on his face.

"I'm ready," I say as I blankly stare at him.

He looks around as he asks, "Your family is asleep?"

"Mhh, my parents are still up. My sister should be sleeping in her room."

Zarith scoffs. "It's quite late for them to be still up. They must be discussing something important then?"

I stay silent for a few seconds as I analyze him. "And I'd imagine that you already listened in... on the conversation?"

He smirks as he nods his head and faces the door. "Would you like to listen in?" He notices as I hesitate to give an answer, so he continues. "Wouldn't it be nice... to finally know what they truly think of you?"

I quickly face him as my eyes slowly widen. "Are they... talking about me?"

"Would you want to go and see yourself?"

Before I can say another word, he teleports us from my room to the downstairs office. The office's double doors were closed shut, though light could still be seen seeping outside from the windows.

Although the doors were closed, it was fairly easy to hear the conversation going on inside.

"What did David say about that?" I hear my mother ask. I wasn't quite sure what they were exactly talking about, though I suppose I will be finding out soon.

"Just to make sure he continues taking the drug... if we want the effects to last."

"And what about once he grows older? He'll be asking more questions."

"Elaine... We'll be fine."

I hear a sigh from her before she continues. "I think... we should consider getting rid of him."

Get rid of... me?

There's a slight pause before my father answers. "Don't you think that will complicate things?"

"All of this is complicated enough!"

"What about your brother? With his ability, he'll know we had something to do with it."

She lightly groans as she can be seen pacing when looking through the window of the office door.

"So what? We just make sure he continues to take the drug forever?"

"That's the only choice we have for now. As long as we're around him, it'll be easy." There's a slight pause before he continues. "If it ever comes to the point where we need to kill him, then so be it."