[ Chapter 22 ]

The silence was nice and comforting

The silence was nice and comforting. The air was filled with love and care. Your gazes held so many feelings that they could barely be explained. He took a slow step towards you, his eyes never leaving yours.

"I've fallen in love with you, Y/n." He whispered.

Your breath hitched in your throat, making you gulp nervously as his hand tucked some of your hair behind your ear. "And I can see the feeling is mutual." He added, leaning down closer to you before his lips connected to yours.

But this kiss was different. This kiss held the love you shared for each other, not that the other ones didn't, but this one showed your feelings more openly. His touch was gentler and softer, the kiss deeper, the space smaller.

He just wanted you for himself, and you wanted him for yourself too. You closed the space between your bodies and pressed your body into his, your hands going to his cheeks. His hands circled your waist and went to your back, gently exploring it up and down with his hands.

You deepened the kiss and he did too by tilting his head, pulling you even closer to his body. His tongue trailed your lower lip and you let him enter, his tongue instantly twirling around yours for a bit before deciding to explore your mouth after.

You caught his tongue and sucked it a bit, twirling your tongue around the tip of his before you heard him groan, slowly pulling away. He leaned his forehead on yours, eyes closed, as he smiled.

"I think we should leave this for later." He said, a blush showing on your cheeks and his, pulling back. You nodded and wiped your mouth a bit at the corners where some saliva had gotten, Jungkook doing the same.

You glanced up at him which caused the two of you to burst into a chuckle, covering your mouth shyly while he ran his hand through his hair. He cleared his throat and gestured towards the couch, "Let's sit and eat." He said.

You followed after him and sat down on the couch with him beside you, glancing down at the metallic lunch boxes laying aesthetically on the table. "Seokjin hyung helped me cook all of this while you were busy with your work," Jungkook explained, opening the boxes.

One of the boxes held Japchae, sweet stir-fried noodles, another box held bibimbap, rice with boiled and stir-fried vegetables, another one had kimchi, and the last one had bulgogi, marinated beef meat.

"Jungkook, this is a lot..." You said with a giggle, a nod coming from him. "I know, but I wanted to make some Korean dishes so you could try them." He said. You hummed, turning to him and back at the food.

"Well, I have tried Kimchi and bibimbap." You said, getting the chopsticks and spoon Jungkook was handing you. "They aren't the same as what you've tried," Jungkook replied in a slight sassy way, making you giggle.

"Why?" You asked with a wide smile, watching him lean into you until there was barely any space. "Because I made them." He whispered seductively, making your bite your lips together and gulp, eyes slightly wide.

He smiled afterwards in a cute way, kissing your nose and humming. He pulled back with a noticeable glimmer in his eyes, clearing his throat.

"Now, please, give your opinion to me about the food. I really wanna know if you'll like it." He said, slight desperation in his voice. You giggled and nodded.

Using the chopsticks he gave you, you took the first bite, a bit of Japchae. You chewed on the sweet and sour noodles, making you go to heaven from how good they were but you tried not to show much emotion, just to tease him.

His eyes were on you, deeply, eagerly waiting to see your reaction as he examined your facial features. "It could be better." You began.

"It just has this weird taste, I don't know how to explain it. Like it's gone bad or something." You lied. You watched his eyes widen and lips part, quickly getting his chopsticks and taking a bite of the japchae.

You bit your lower lip to hold back a wide smile from creeping up on your lips and a laugh to come out. He chewed on the noodles, waiting to feel that disgusting taste.

But instead, his mouth was filled with amazing flavours and taste, making him look at her with a glare. "You lied." He said in a low tone.

You gulped nervously as you swallowed the food, nearly choking at his intense stare. "I-I'm sorry, I-" You trailed off, watching him lean closer, to which you leaned back against the couch.

He trapped you at the edge of the couch, against the backrest and armrest, his face inches away. "You still lied. Maybe I should show you how good it tastes." He said, the bite he had already swallowed long ago.

Then, his lips connected to yours, the kiss slow but deep. Your free hand went to his cheek and caressed it, kissing him back.

Indeed, you felt the flavour from the food one again that was left on his lips, feeling him pull away a few seconds after. "See? It tastes amazing." He whispered, glancing at your lips.

You nodded and smiled, "Yeah, it indeed does." You said, sitting up and taking a bite of the bulgogi this time. With a grin, you glanced at him, chewing the food.

"This one also tastes bad." You said teasingly. He chuckled and nodded, taking a bite as well. "Maybe I should show you how good this one tastes too." He said confidently.