Chapter 25 ~ My Dad

Fang

At first I didn't know what to think as I looked at Alex. First Raven now Alex. What is happening. Though this is not the way I would like to meet my son again, I was still happy too. Once he saw me I ran to him and hugged him.

"I missed you and the others so much."

Alex barried his head into my shoulder like he did when he was younger, "I missed you to dad." He started choking on his words because he was crying. I could say anything though because I was crying too.

After a few minutes we were interupted by Raven clapping like this was a happy reunion. Sadly this was far from happy. I sat on the floor and put herin my lap then gestured for Alex to sit down. Once he was seated on the floor and we both stopped crying I started asking questions.

"Is your mom and brother okay?"

"As good as they can be. We were so worried about you. Then Raven went missing and mom has been freaking out so much."

I sighed, "Why don't you tell me everything that had happened since I went missing."

Alex

I told dad everything that had happened from meeting Iggy and everyone else to me being kidnapped. His expression didn't change to muh through my little telling of tales but when it did I didn;t like it. Most of the faces he made didn't give me comfort. They made me more worried then I already was.

"Wait Rachet and Holden? I haven't talked to them in years. Iggy was probably the only guy I kept in touch with. It was hard to get phone numbers and things like that without being tracked. People started leaving the island after we did."

Raven crawled off dads lap and into mine while I was telling the news and had fallen asleep," What island?"

"You will hopefully find out about it soon. Now tell me about this Stormy girl."

"Well she came out of no where, but Jebidiah already knew her. My doesn't trust her and no one else does either."

"Why would Max let her stay?" Dad stood up and went to the barred up window. He placed his elbow on the cut out thn he put his hands over his eyes, thenhe moved it over his mouth, closing his eyes and sighing.

That is when I got a good look at him. He had gashes and bruises all over him. Dry blood and fresh blood all over him. It almost looked like a second skin," Dad, what happened to you?"

He uncover his mouth and leaned his forehead against his closed fist," I've been forced to relive a past I never wanted to come back to." Dad then looks up at me and walks back over to me. He sits himself right in front of me. Then he looks down at Raven and starts rubbing her head.

"You are about to see things you will wish to unsee. Things are goignt to happen toyou.I'm going to try and stop them as best as I can, but I can barely get them from hurting your sister. What ever happens to me you have to promise me one thing.Youwill take care of your sister while you are here. Idon't know what will happen next, but it won't get any prettier."

I look at my dad.The guy that Iknew to be gentle and kind. He was the guy they once stayed up with me for three hours as I threw up. The guy who one time stayed in my room all night because I had nightmares. Now he looks tense and tired, and dare I say scared.The man who made me feel safe was now scared.

"Okay dad as long as you promise me two things. One you tell me everything that you can about what happened to you and mom all these years ago and two, you promsie me we will all three make it out of here."

Dad looked at me with a fake smile and said," I will try my best."