Chapter 5 ~ They Aren't Young Anymore

"Hey Jeby boo I'm home!" Alex screamed as he came into the house, kicking his shoes off in front of the door.

"In the living room Lexi bear!" Jebidiah screamed back

Alex walked into the living room to see Jebidiah sitting on the couch with Raven on his lap. Though Jebidiah was half asleep, Raven was wide awake watching Rolie Polie Oile and holding her little Stitch toy Jebidiah and I got her when we went to Disney World.

"Lexi bear?" I said as I sat down next to him on the couch. Raven, without taking her eyes off the tv, moved to my lap and layed her head back onto my chest.

Jebidiah laughed and stood up," Well I'm gonna go take a shower. If mom or dad gets home before I'm out, tell them they don't have to feed Raven before they leave." before leaving the room, Jebidiah bent down and kissed Raven On the forehead.

"What, I don't get a kiss on the forehead?"

"Nope."

Fang

Fang parked the car in the drive way. He couldn't wait for Max to get home. That way he would know she was safe. How could this be happening? They made sure no one could track them. Maybe it was a coincidences. No, Fang knew he couldn't think that way.

Opening the door to his house, Fang tripped over a pair of shoes," Alex!"

"Yes wonderful father of mine?"

"Why are your shoes in the doorway?"

Alex hesitsated," Well see I was about to put them away when Rolie Polie Olie came on and I had to watch it."

Once Fang got into the living room he saw Alex and Raven both intensly watch the show. When Alex was four Fang remembered coming home to see Jebidiah laying on the ground with Alex sitting on top of him. How Fang wished all his kids were four.

"Is it sad that I believe you are really into this show?"

Without looking up, Alex shh his dad, " I try to see how they fix Uncle Gizmos hair."

Fang shakes his head and walks into the kitchen. He takes out his ponytail and shrugs off his flannel just as Jebidiah ran downstairs screaming bloody murder to his brother. Fang looked up to see Jebidiah just in a towel holding a shampoo bottle.

"Son what's wrong?"

Jebidiah looked at his father," Alex filled the shampoo bottle with mustard."

" You'll..."

Before Fang could finish his sentence, Max came bursting through the door. Her face was very pale. She was also shaking rapidly.

Jebidiah had a worried expresion on his face," Mom are you okay?"

Max leaned against the door and didn't say a thing. Fang walked up to her and put his arms around her," Max stop shaking. You're scaring Jebidiah. What's wrong?"

"I thought I saw Dylan following me."