Chapter 9 ~ A New Visiter

Alex

  Alex and Jebidiah got home and did as they were told. It took Alex forever to find the phone. It ended up being behind the ties he never wears. Once Alex sent the text, a reply came back quickly:

 I'm on my way Fang

  He wanted to tell him about his father, but he decided to wait. Then it hit him. Who was Fang? His father's name was Flynn. Then Alex thought it was probablyone of the secrets.

  Only Raven got sleep that night. Alex and Jebidiah stayed up staring at the papers on the living room coffee table. Jebidiah left around noon to pick up their mom. Now it was just Alex, Raven, and Raven's favorite Disney movie Tangled. Alex was more of a Lilo and Stitch fan,but that was just him.

  Raven sat on his lap and tried to sing the songs in her baby language. Alex thought it was cute, but that wasn't something he would say out loud. He wanted to keep what dignety he had left.

  In was about two when Jebidiah and his mom came into the living room. Jebidiah was holding mom like she was breakable china, though she definently didn't look like it. Right away their mom saw the papers in front of the couch and her eyes watered.

 Jebidiah

   Jebidiah had never seen his mom in this state. Then again his father never went missing either. When he went to get his mom from the hospital today, he was neves to see how she looked in the sunlight. She didn't look bad on the outside but on the inside he could tell shewas a wreck.

  When he got her home it was worse. Whatever those paper contained, it wasn't anything happy. She sat down on the couch by Alex and started touching the papers. Then she looked at Alex and hugged him around the neck. He was shocked at first, Jebidiah knew she did it because Alex looked like their dad. Next she took Raven and hugged her close as well, " I fear that someone is going to take you guys next."

  Jebidiah sat down on the arm of the couch," We aren't going anywhere."

  "You can't trust anyone, okay. Not unless I tell you you can."

 Both boys nodded then Alex looked at the phone on the table that came from hi father's closet, ' Who is the guy I text?"

  As if on cue the doorbell rang. Jebidiah's mom started to shake, but she got up to answer the door. Jebidiah hear the door open and soft murmers. Then his mom walked back in. This time she wasn't alone. Behind her was a man about three inches taller then her. The man a very light blue eyes and strawberry blound hair.

 Their mom smiled," Boys this is Iggy. He is someone you can trust."