Chapter 43 ~ Let My Children Go

Max
  My heart ached as I looked out to see the three boys head bowed, hangin to their polls. For a moment I felt hopeless but then I remembered.  I'm Maximum Ride.
   I run to the door and start banging on it and screamed the boys names. They never looked up or made it look like they heard me.
    " They can't hear you, "a deep voice spoke from the door. We all three turn to see Dylan and Phoenix sitting in the doorway.
    Dylan walked to the window and tapped on it, " This glass is sound proof. They can't hear you and they won't be able to see you unless we let them."
    Fang growled and stepped forward, "Hey a do you want with our kids?"
   " With your  kids," Phoenix spat,  " nothing.  We want you to take their place. Well not Iggy of course.  Just you and your wife. "
  Dylan laughed and pointed at the ceiling, " On top of this building sit three guns. Each one is trained on one of those polls. In an  hour they will be fired. You can either take your children's place or watch the guns take their life."
   Fang
  I wanted to punch him tight between the eyes. He knew that we would take our kids place. This was all just for show.
    Max stepped right behind me, " We will get to say goodbye to them first?"
  Dylan smiled, " Of course. We aren't that heartless."
   Whatever. Your just doing this because I married the  girl you wanted.
    I looked out the window to see six erasers take our sons from the stakes and drag them to a near door.
    Next the door opened behind us and Ace ran into the room, hugging his dad like he would never let go.  Then four more eraser came to take Max and I to see our kids.
   As we walked I couldn't stop think that this would be the last time I would see my kids again.