Chapter 8 ~ It is Time to Learn

Alex

    After what felt like three hours of driving, they finally made it to the hospital. Jebidiah and Alex jumped out of the car and ran to the door. Then they turned and ran back because they forgot Raven.  Alex ended up caring her and sitting with as Jebidiah talked to the nurse.

   Alex felt happy for his little sister. She didn't know what was going on she didn't have to worry. She didn't feel scared and helpless.

  Jebidiah walked over to them, "She is in room 409. They said visiting hours are over, but with what is happening they are okay with us going in."

 Once they got to the fourth floor a nurse walked them to their mother's roomand made sure she was awake enough for them to come in. The nurse let us in and the boys both looked suprised. It wasn't that thier mom looked completely terrible, she looked almost completely healed.

 "Mom!" Jebidiah screamed and ran to gently hug him mom. Alex never saw his brother or mother cry. He always felt weak because hewas the only on who was over the age of four that cried. Alex handed Raven to Jebidiah and hugged his mom next.

    Both of them took a seat by the bed while Raven sat on the bed. She laughed and played with the bands on her mom's hand.  All of them sat in silence for a minute before Jebidiah talked," Do they tell you about dad?"

  Alex's mom closed hereyes, "They didn't have to. I watched it happen. Right before everything went black."

 Alex talked next," Who would run you off the road then take dad."

  Max let at a sob," I know who. Your father and I haven't been telling you somethings." She reached a hand behind Alex's and pulled a black feather out of his head," We have been hiding things from you. Now I know that was a bad idea. Since I am healing fast enough, they will let me out tomorrow.Tomorrow is the day I will tell you everything."

 Silence then Jebidiah spoke," Mom..."

 "Jebidiah I need youto do me a big favor. In the attic there is a desk. In that desk is maps, files, pictures,and all other kinds of stuff. Don't open or read any of the stuff. Just bring it downstairs." Max looked at Alex," Alex your father's closet is a phone. The phone has one number. Text it ans say that he has found us. I need you now."

    Alex's eyes were watering. He tried to keep them back. To be strong for his mom, but he was scared.

Fang

   Am I dead? No not dead. I can hear my heart. Where is Max? Is she okay? Are the kids okay? The ground is really cold. I'm in a cage.

I'm at the school.