Chapter 50 ~ Can You Please Keep Up?

(I feel completely terrible. I honestly didn't know I stepped away from this book for so long. I don't know how to explain 2016. It wasn't the best of year for me.  I feel like I don't remember it.  I feel like I lost it.  I went through a very depressed stage this post year but I think I finally over it! I feel much better and like I'm important again.  But you guys probably don't want to hear about that. Since of you might not even remember this book but that's okay.  I'm back now and im gonna finish this.  But just know that I love you all and I'm sorry for my disappearance)

Jebidiah
    Alex and I were following Stormy through the maze of hallways. Raven was nestled in Alex's arms not making a sound but she did have her face hidden in his neck.
   As we came into a fork in the hallways Stormy stopped and checked to see if anyone was coming. Then she signaled for us to follow her. Alex hesitated, looking hopeless and loke a little child.
    "Alex, what's wrong? We have to go!" I push it him a little foward
      " I.... I don't... I...." Alex stuttered. The shock was finally setting and he didn't know what to do.
     "Come on guys! We have to hurry. We are almost there." Stormy called
     I grab Alex's shoulders, Raven peeked up at me, " I know how you feel right now but we have to keep going. Our family is fight out there and we need to protect Raven. But I'll protect you too. You my little brother and I'm gonna take care of you."
     Alex looked down at Raven, " Then why aren't we fighting if they are? Let's put Raven on the ship with the others that are safe and come back and fight? I want to fight."
      I shake my head," I like that idea."