Chapter 26~ Welcome to the Family Business

(Hey guys! Quess who has a kindey stone? Guess who has been in pain since Monday? Me! So if your wondering why I haven't updated that's why. Anyway here is chapter 26)

   Alex

   Dad told me everything. The adventures mom and him had with their friends.The pain they went through. He told about the parents that they lost or never found. He showed me the scared on his left side where Mom's brother Ari had got him. I was told how him and mom made the decision to take us off the island they made home so we could get a chance at a life they never had.

   As dad talked I watched his life through his eyes. I could see the emotions that he felt play out on his face. Pain. Love. Hate. All those and more made an appearance. I felt like I finally knew my father. Not Flynn Ride but Fang Ride.

   I watched him smile as he talked about Iggy and a guy named Gazzy dropping bombs. A little girl named Angel beating him at poker. His and moms first date. It was like I was there with them on their adventures.

  At the end of dad's stories I didn't know what to say. All I could do was grab Raven and have a sappy group hug.

  Then we were intrupted by a door openning, " Fang, it is time for your next test."

  I watched dad go from a rabbit to bear. He stood and turned around, "If you promise to not hurt my kids I will come willingly."

  The erazer smiled," Don't worry they will be coming to watch."

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   Dad, Raven, and I were taken to a small domed area. Raven and I were taken to a booth at the top of the dome. Like at football games. Inside the booth with us were two guys dressed like scientist. Dad was taken to the middle of the area.

   After a few minutes of silence three erazer walked out, circling my dad. Not that I thought my dad was weak or out of shape, but you could tell he had been through way to much already. Right as the first swing happened my dad dodge, but he was shaking. He looked at us through the window and gave us a small smile. I was pained but it was there.

   He was grabbed by both arms but he kicked out and shook loose. Then he did a back flip and as he did his wings came out and he landed. the landing was shaking and you could tell his wings could only be used as a parachute because one of them was broken.

   Everything was going pretty well, but it soon took a turn for the worse.  Dad started not doing to well and he was soon pinned to the ground. He looked at the booth and mouthed don't look.

   I wanted to jump out of the booth and help him, but I couldn't so I cover Raven's eyes and crouched onto the floor putting my back onthe wall and held Raven close.