Chapter 10 ~We're What?!

( So school started for me this week so I haven't been able to write at all. Anyway time for big new. Last I tried to start something called the book awards. It was were I would make an award show about book characters, books, and authors. There would be a page for each catagory and then people would vote for their favorite. Well no one voted so I want to try again. Comment if you will do this please)

Alex

   At first the stranger worried Alex. Then he looked at him carefully and saw that he wasn't a threat. The way mom stood next to him helped Alex feel safe. Behind him Alex saw a boy about his age standing there. The kid had the same hair as the older gentlemen.

   Max looked at the Alex and Jebidiah and smiled, "You two don't remember Iggy because you were little when you met, but he is your uncle.," Max then touched the shoulder of the boy behind Iggy," And this is his son Ace. They are both here to help."

  Iggy smiled and clusmly put his hand on Max's shoulder. Then Max guided Iggy to the couch. That is when Alex noticed it. Iggy was blind.

  Alex sat next to Raven on the floor and she sat on his lap, putting her hands in his, comparing them. Jebidiah sat next to him while the Ace kid sat next to his father.  Ace started picking up papers and reading them softly to his dad. One thing that really caught Alex's eyes is he saw a grey feathers on the kids back and in his hair.

    Jebidiah

   Jebididah noticed the feathers right away. Without thinking he commented on it," Ah.. Ace there are feathers on your back."

  Ace turned his head to look at his back and frowned, " How much longer till the baby feathers are gone? This has been going on for months."

  Max and Iggy laughed then Iggy turned to Ace, " Soon. It goes fast if you fly longer."

  Jebidiah and Alex exchanged glances and Max saw it. She looked down at the papers and sighed," I think it is time I tell you who you really are."

 Max

    Max always knew this day would come. She just wasn't like the reason why at the moment.  Throwing the papers gently on the table, she moved to the floor and took Raven, sitting her on her lap. Then she looked at her boys.

  "Years ago when your father, Iggy, and I were babies, someone stole us from our families and turned us into experiments. We were infuced with the DNA of birds at a young age. After that we got special powers."

  "What kind of powers?" Jebidiah asked

  "We each got a different one, but we all have one thing in commen. Each one of us has wings, and you do too." Max didn't know any other way to tell her sons. She didn't like how they were looking at her. Then Alex broke into a akward laugh.

  "Good one mom. You had me going there. We don't have wings."

  Max looked at Iggy. Even though he couldn't see her, they share somewhat of a look. Then Max moved to sit behind Jebidiah at a dignal, "We had to keep it from you when we moved here. WE didn't want you to think you were different. Both of you close your eyes."

  Though the boys were nervous they still closed their eyes. Max then took a pocket knife out and cut slits in their shirts, letting feathers fall to the ground. The boys baby feathers," You were never able to see the wings in the mirrior because we altered your vision. Now open youreyes and just turn your head around."

  Max felt kind of guilt when the boys turned their heads and saw their wings come out of their backs.