Chapter 45 ~ We Love, We Dream

Fang

   The erasers took us out to the courtyard where our kids were just hanging. They bound our hands behind us around the poll. I looked at the window where my children just were. I pray they weren't watching right now, but it's a one way window. Next I look at Max, my beautiful wife, she still had tears running down her face, but her chin was held high.

    "I've been waiting for years to see you die," one of the erasers laughed as he came around to face me. He had a smile on his face that I would just love to smack right off, but I can't.

I have to go down respectfully even though I'm dying to take some people out with me.

Max

     After all these years of being hunted down. Running for my life day after day. You think I would be ready for this. That dying like this wouldn't be a surprised. But it was.

    Maybe it is because for 18 years I wasn't hunted down anymore. Maybe it was because the peace fooled me into believe I was safe. No. It wasn't those things. It was because I had my family.

   I had what everyone else wanted. Three, four, beautiful kids who I will never see grow up, a husband who loves me like no other, and friends who stay by my side.  I guess that is the reason I'm scared to die now. I guess that is why it is a surprise.

   On the roof I see the three guns. One looks as if it has been powered down while the other two are trained on me and Fang. On the side I can see a small timer that shows we only have a few minutes left.  Maybe 15 at the most.

 Alex

   " I can't believe we are about to lose them. I don't want to lose them." I said as I  Raven on my lap.

   Jebidiah looked at the now covered window. Then he looked down at Raven who was smiling and playing with my jacket. If only she knew. I wish I was as oblivious as she was. To smile at the terrible moments," I wish there was something we could do," Jebidiah said patting Raven on the head, "I don't want Raven to grow up not knowing who mom and dad were. To never get to know how they treated us. I'll never be able to take care of her the way they did us."

    "Well," someone said from the door, "If you two would stop moping, you won't have to find out."