Chapter 42 ~ Hanging by a Thread

(So I said this would be out during Christmas break but as you can see that didn't happen. Sorry about that. So I just say hope you guys had a great Christmas! Hope you got everything you wanted. Comment below what you guys got cause I wanna hear! Also after this one is finished {which it will be kinda soon} I will start being completely devoted to the other two. And my other story Thanks for Listening. So if you are reading those then just FYI. Now to the story! )
Ace
At my words dad tensed. We weren't to banged up yet. A few scratches here and maybe a bruise in one or two places, but that is because no one has come for us yet. I thought we were forgotten. Like background music. Dad always said the main target was Aunt Max.
We haven't heard or seen anyone of our friends in a few days but I can sense them. Only Gazzy and Fang seem to have been given a harsh treatment. Ratchet too.
I hear footsteps in the hallway. The erazers have come for dad. They've come to test him or something of that nature.
The door swings open and three men push through the door. I go to stand to defend but dad puts him hand on my arm.
"Iggy, you will be coming will us. " The middle guy had a scar on his lower jaw that looked a little fresh. His hair was shaggy and blonde.
Without hesitation my dad stood from the floor, " I will go but my son stays here and isn't touched. "
The men to the shaggy guys left speaks next," We have no use for your kids. We only care about the old guys."
I wanted to protest but It would make dad retaliate and get himself hurt, so I let him go but I hated watching him go out the doors.
Though I'm 16 years old, I still need my dad.

Max
Fang and I were escorted to another room. It was a most like one of this investigation room on those police shows. We were both shoved into the room and left alone to think.
At the moment I was sitting in a tiny metal chair while my husband paced the small area. As we sat in silence the door opened again.
In the doorway was a guard. But next to him was Iggy.
"Iggy" I breath as I stood up. He was pushed into the room and the door was closed once again.
I ran up to Iggy and through my arms around hom," Your okay."
"Yeah. I mean depending on your definition. " He laughed.
Fang walked up behind me. A small smile sat on his as he came to place his arms around both of us.
We sat in silence for a few more minutes before Iggy spoke, " There is a reason we are all three in here."
"Yeah", Fang said, " I'm catching on to that. Something is about to happen."
I pulled away from the boys and sat on the edge of a table. Why would us three be in a room together? We technically are the three original troublemakers but that wouldn't put us in a room. That would put us a gun point. Then it hit me.
"What about the kids?"
Fang and Iggy ' s heads whipped around to look at me. Their eyes were big and inked with horror.
Fang looked at the door," They didn't want us to be there. They wanted to get them easily."
Iggy leaned against the wall," They can only fight for so long."
Suddenly a knock cam from the window that sat on the other end of the room. I took up most of the wall. Laying over it was a thick curtain.
Fang walked up to it and drew the cloth aside. Both of us let out a gasp as we looked out into a small courtyard.
There stood three wooden polls. And tied to the polls were Jebidiah, Alex, and Ace.