Part 1

Focusing more on Namjoon, you barely were paying attention to the appetizers which were served on your plate.
Your lips began to curl into a smile when you received a kick from under the table. Ow! What was that!

You looked at the most probable person- the one sitting in front of you on the opposite side of the table; Jimin, who had slightly bulged his eyes out at you, signalling you to eat up.
You glared at him before resuming eating your food.
'Stop looking at him!' the look in Jimin's eyes told you.

"How are your studies going, y/n?" Mr. Kim asked, snapping you out of your dreamland.
"They're going great," you replied without thinking much, attempting to be as polite as possible.

As for your studies, you were in your last year of university, while Namjoon was doing the same. You both shared the same class and were 'good' friends due to the fact that your dads, the now Ceos of major corporations, were in the same class since childhood which could only mean one thing and that's that you knew Namjoon from the very beginning i.e. childhood.

You discovered your feelings for Namjoon when you were in high school and no matter how much you tried to put them in denial, you still drooled over him.
Your behaviour towards Namjoon was so different that it had become too obvious for your brothers, Seokjin and Jimin, to know about your feelings and they often teased you for it.

"She's studying very diligently," your father spoke for you while stroking your head.
"I have to since I'm not as intelligent as Namjoon," which caught Namjoon's attention.

"I don't quite agree with that, y/n-ah!" Mr. Kim shook his head, his hands raised above his shoulders.
"I still can't believe that they've grown up so big!" Mrs. Kim sighed.
"Wasn't it just yesterday, when they were just three?" Mr. Kim laughed.
"Time flies away really fast," your father became nostalgic.
"Yeah, it does," Mr. Kim agreed, patting Namjoon on the shoulder to which he just smiled and continued ingesting his food.

You too did the same so that plans would go according to your teeny tiny brain and you would get to have a word with Namjoon after dinner, when your parents were busy in their talks.

After finishing up all the food on your plate, you went to the washroom to check yourself. When you returned, your eyes could only see your parents as well as Namjoon's and a grim-faced Jungkook. Ugh, why such a sullen look? What does he think of himself?
Whatever, why should I even be bothered?
Where did the rest go without me?

You walked to the garden, hoping they'd be there and there they were.

"Hey everyone," you said as you approached them.
"Oh y/n is here, let's go, Jin hyung. I need to show you something. Until then Namjoon and you can have...umm a talk," Jimin grinned at you.
"Yeah, we better hurry," Seokjin winked at you before leaving.
Idiots!!! You're making it too obvious!!

"So, what were y'all talking about?" you asked Namjoon once your brothers left.
"Just books and stuff," Namjoon shrugged his shoulders.
"What? Jimin oppa? Talking about books? Unbelievable!!"
"Yeah, he was. By the way, are you reading any interesting book that you would like to recommend to me?" he questioned.
"You know you wouldn't like the books I read," you said.
"So you still read those weepies?" he asked.
"They're not weepies. They're heartwarming and cute, Namjoon," you protested.
"I don't read books about things I never understood," he explained himself.
"What is that love which poets talk about?" he questioned like a kid.
"Love is what happens between-" you started off.
"No, I know that y/n. You're talking about the same thing which everyone tells me- two persons loving each other and blah blah."
"So what do you exactly want me to say?"
"I.. I just want to say that, like, I'm attracted to some girls at our university," he blurted out.
Whaaaaaaat!!!! Nooooo!!! Does he like someone?