Part 25

"Yoongi look! It's here!" you unknowingly cut him off, making him look at the fireworks too.

Woah!! They're so beautiful!!

"They're so beautiful! Aren't they?" you commented.
"Wow!" you awed at the scenery.
The fireworks were so mesmerizing that you couldn't pay attention to what Yoongi was saying.
"Yeah, they are," he mumbled, looking at you sadly.
"Oh Yoongi, you were saying something earlier. What was it?"

"Uh yeah, I just wanted to say, let's go back Y/n. It's midnight."
"But can't we stay-"
"We must leave Y/n, if someone sees you're missing from your room, you'll be in trouble," he held your hand and gave a barely noticeable nod.

He's right. I have to go.

You didn't argue further and got out of the boat and walked beside him.

"Tonight was very beautiful. I'm never going to forget it," you squeezed his hand, waiting for an answer.
"Yeah, I know. Me too," he smiled tenderly at you.

You both went back through the market, looking one last time at all the stalls and the hustle and bustle of people.

You were out of the market, where Yoongi had parked his bike.
"Sad isn't it?"
"Yeah, I don't want to go home," you purse your lips into a straight line.
"Aww, but we must," he pulled your cheeks and laughed.
"We'll come back again, okay? For now, sit," he sat on his bike and asked you to do the same.

~~~

On the way back home, you were so exhausted that you again slept on Yoongi's back with your arms wrapped around his waist.

"Y/n?" he called you when it was time.
"Y/n, we're here. Wake up! We have to climb now," he shook you. You groaned before getting off the bike. You were too lazy to get up but had to; because obviously, Yoongi couldn't carry you all over the hedge.
"I'm sleepy Yoongi. Let's go fast," you said and he helped you step onto his bike and then across the hedge.

You both quietly crept below your window, where the rope of bedsheets was waiting.
"Climb, before it's too late," Yoongi warned you and you obeyed. Yoongi climbed below you for backup, just in case your hand slipped off the bed sheet.
"We're almost there, push yourself a little!" he whispered and supported your thighs so you could get into the room.

Yoongi too got into the room, to ensure that you didn't sleep on the floor out of laziness and that there were no clues left that would unmask his Aladdin's night.
And he was right. The moment you got into the room, you fell onto the bed.

"Y/n, no! Go get changed, fast! I have to go home too," he pulled you out of the bed by your hands and shoved you into the bathroom after handing you some clothes from your wardrobe which looked like sleepwear.
"I'm done wearing it," you came out of the bathroom, wide awake now.
"Weren't you sleepy a second ago?"
"Yeah, but now I'm not. All this rush has driven away my sleep," you said, pouting at him.
"Try again. I'm sure you will fall asleep," he said, looking at the wall clock in your room.

"Yeah, you must go now," you said after you saw him looking at your wall clock.
"Oh wait! There's a party tomorrow evening. I mean today evening; since it's past midnight now. Make sure you come, okay?" you grinned.
"Yeah sure. But I must go now. Oh yes! After I go, remember to pull the sheets up," he headed towards the window. But he stopped abruptly and turned,
"I forgot something."

He walked towards you in two long strides and was now standing before you. He clipped your chin in his thumb and index finger, making you face him.
"This is the last time I'm going to make you feel uncomfortable," he released the clip on your chin only to replace it with both of his hands on your cheeks. And caressed them with his thumb before leaning in.

What!! Noo!! Not what I'm thinking!!

You could feel his lips lightly graze yours for a second and no more. He had stopped. For what reason, you didn't understand. But he didn't kiss you on your lips. He paused for a brief moment, and then gently placed his lips on your cheeks.

Your eyes widened at the feel of his lips on your skin and made your knees go weak. He must've noticed it, because he took one of his hands off your cheek and supported your waist.

The kiss seemed as if it was never going to end; he had his lips on you for more than a few seconds now and if it would not have been for your pendants that clinked and joined that day, he would've kept going forever.

He detached his lips from your cheeks and said, "Happy birthday my princess. Enjoy your day," he said, gazing into your eyes after he left your cheek.
"T-thanks," you said and plucked away your pendant, looking at your feet.

"What if I were to tell you that I'm the secret admirer?"
You looked at him, eyes wide.
He further added,
"Tell me. What would change if I were the secret admirer?"
"I-I..uh.."
"I'm just kidding, you dumbo," he flicked your forehead, while you stood baffled.
"I'll go now. Bye, see you tomorrow," said Yoongi and without stopping to take a second glance at you, went out of the window, disappearing into the darkness.

You stood at the window and saw him get to the ground safely and dash towards the hedge.

He didn't even look back once. From what he said earlier, is he the secret admirer? Which means...he loves me? No!!! He just said he was kidding. It can't be him. Oh no, is he trying to pull a prank by writing those love letters?

You then pulled up the bedsheets and untied them one by one and put them on your bed, just as they were before.You plopped down on the bed to sleep and for what reason you knew not, you felt guilty.

'Why am I guilty? And for what am I guilty? I've done nothing wrong! I don't know why I feel this way,' you thought and slipped into a short slumber.

~~~

You were woken up by the loud sound of a fringed squawker. You groaned before getting up only to see two monkeys; your brothers, dancing around you. They had worn birthday hats with funny shades on.
"Happy birthday to you?
Happy birthday to you!
Happy birthday to our little troublemaker!
Happy birthday to you!" the party poppers bursted with a loud sound, pouring the confetti all over you.

"Happy birthday!" they both engulfed you in a hug, one after the other.
"Thank you so much, oppa," you kissed Jimin's cheek.
"Eww! How many times do I have to tell you to not kiss me! Only Yoonji has the right to kiss me!" he wiped off your kiss with his palm.

"Yoonji, huh?" Seokjin raised his eyebrows with a smirk.
"No- I mean- NO!" he yelled while you and Seokjin laughed at his reaction.
"Looks like I've got a good return gift," Seokjin pointed at Jimin.
"Yah! What do you mean?" Jimin asked Seokjin.
"It'll be fun blackmailing you now."
"That's not fair, hyung!"
"Shh," he asked Jimin to put a finger on his lips and keep quiet.

"So, birthday girl, we've arranged everything for your party! Are you excited?" Seokjin asked.
"Yeah!" you exclaimed.

You got ready today, taking your time as you didn't have any university lectures because of the winter break.
"What should I do next?" you asked yourself after your breakfast was done.

Oh yes! Let's check on the letter. I haven't checked on it since I was grounded.

So you had decided then: you wanted the letter. For that you lied to Jungkook about going to the library and walked out of the house confidently.

End of Part 25

Thank you for reading☺
Stay tuned for the next part!!