Part 35

[Yoongi's POV]

And just like that, I walked out while she kept asking for an explanation.

[Flashback; Y/n's birthday party]

I waited outside her door after ringing the bell, expectantly hoping that she'd open the door. And she did. As always she looked beautiful. In fact the epitome of beauty. Not just externally, but on the inside too.
"Hey!" I greeted her as she allowed me into her place. A smile spread across her face as she greeted me back with a 'Hi' and locked her arms around my neck, sending shivers down my spine. But I didn't let it show. I wrapped my arms around her back to reciprocate the hug. And as had become a new habit, the pendants clasped together.
She's wearing that...for me?

That idiot brother of hers. I wanted to confess and for that very reason I had come last night. The fireworks although distracted her during the night, leaving me clueless and that was okay. Because I then decided to come in the afternoon. But Jimin, he's sly as a fox. He understood my intentions. He told me that I should stop trying because she was going to confess to Namjoon at the party and just like that, he shooed me away.

Hmm, whatever. He told me she's gonna confess, but looks like it's going to be for me. Won't know unless I check.

"You're giving the wrong idea darling," I whispered into her ear while we were still hugging. I pulled back to capture her expression.
"Sorry?" she asked, confused.
"If you're going to confess to Namjoon, why did you wear this, my Yin?" I asked her back, causing her jaw to drop.
Okay, so it's true. She's going to confess.

She wanted to ask me how I knew, but her brothers came, obviously because we were still standing in that awkward pose which gave the wrong idea; her hands around my neck and mine over her waist.
"You look ethereal," I whispered and pulled my hands away from her waist.

"Y/n you never told us about this," her wise and elder one spoke.
Oh, he's looking at the pendant.
I plucked it away immediately.
"What a coincidence!" she faked a laugh. A terrible liar, she is.
"I would like to talk to you for a second," the wise one spoke again and dragged her away, probably for a good scolding.
While the wise one took his hatchling away, the sly one led me to the living room.

"I told you to stay away from her, didn't I? Yet here you are, twice in front of me. I told you she's going to confess today, didn't I? So stop trying so hard for someone who's not meant to be yours. She loves him."
Too smart. But I'm not less either.
"The same goes for you. Stop trying so hard. I'll never let my sister become yours. And as for Y/n, I'm here as her best friend tonight. So don't worry," I partially lied. It wasn't that I had come to ruin her party but I also wasn't her well-wisher for that night.
"Look happy, it's not a funeral," I tried to joke.
"I fear it might become," he glared at me. Oversmart.

I entered the living room and saw that I was the first guest.
"Have a seat," Jimin said and I did so on the couch. He wanted to tell me something, when the doorbell rang.
"The special guest of today, I guess," I glanced at the door and then at the fox.
"Dare ruin this party and you'll never see her again," he warned and headed for the door.
He hugged the nerd and just then I saw Y/n scurry towards him. I saw them exchange a box and then they just stood there, engrossed in each other's eyes. I looked away, because it hurt very badly. Before I realized it, Namjoon had taken a seat across from me.

"Hello..." he said and looked at me; especially my pendant,"uh.. Yoongi."

Okay, so he noticed her pendant too.