Part 40

"No need; as your culprit is here," he entered the room,"In front of you."

He slowly entered the room, and as his body caught light from the feet to the face, you were petrified as to who it was. The usual formal attire he followed, his face still and dead as a stone, and those peculiar doe eyes. None other than your dad's loyal bird, Jungkook.

[Jungkook's POV]

They definitely hadn't expected me to be her admirer; their faces looked as if they were bitten by a snake.
"What do you mean?" Namjoon asked me.
"That I'm the one who sent her letters in 'The Wallflowers'," I answered.
"So you were pranking me as well?" she asked me from nowhere.
"Prank?" I chuckled,"No. I love you."

In that tense environment I had made the mistake of saying those words with a tiny unintentional smile on my lips.

"How dare you say that!" Seokjin took a long step towards me,"That too in front of me!"
"Hyung, no! It isn't his fault," Jimin put his hand on the enraged Seokjin's broad shoulders.

Jimin then spoke to me and his hyung, "I-I don't understand! We gave the name of the book to Namjoon and it was 'The beautiful and damned'!"
"But you also changed it later, didn't you?" Namjoon asked.
"I changed it? When?" Jimin asked this more to himself rather than Namjoon.
"I will answer all your questions," I declared.

[Flashback: The family dinner; Part 1]

I was in the store room with the maids and don't why, also with Y/n's brothers. And then, that know-it-all guy had to come in.

What is he here for?

I could smell fish in the air as I saw him look as clueless as me. And before I could snap out of my thoughts I saw them greet him. And it was weird; I could see it on the nerd's face. To top it with more fish, they asked me to leave them alone. I had no option but to agree, so I along with the maids took the table out of the store room.

"I'll take it from her here," I told the maids and they offered help at first but I kept insisting that I could do it alone and at last, they agreed.

I waited for them to go away after which I quickly tiptoed to the store room and stood next to the door in such a way that they couldn't see me.

"So what am I supposed to do?" Namjoon asked them.

Shit I've missed half of the conversation.

"It's very easy. You just need to ask her to read a book, alright? We'll be giving her a gift in it," her annoying brother said.

Gift? Why in a book? And most importantly, so suddenly?
As I was busy working up my thoughts, the conversation had traversed some more.

"We'll let you know the name of the name of the book in some time, okay?" her brother said, after which I heard them thank him.

Oh shit, they're gonna come out now.

I sprinted to the table and picked it up with all of my might, carrying it to the living room where it was expected. After Mr Kim thanked me, I headed back towards the store room, to my previous eavesdropping spot. And listened.
Luckily, they were still talking and I was wrong about them coming out.

"Tell her the name of the book: 'The beautiful and damned', okay?" Seokjin told the nerd and he understood.
"Can I leave now?" he asked.