Part 20

"Today onwards, you're grounded for a whole month!" your father announced.
"Dad, that's way too long! And-"
"DON'T TALK BACK Y/N! Do you know we had to miss a flight to the States because of you? We were so worried about you y/n! And here you are, behaving as if we are the morons, caring to care for you!" he thundered, for the first time at you. You had always seen your dad get angry at Jimin or Seokjin, but for you, he'd always let things pass. But not today. He had, for the first time, scolded you so badly.

The pain of your father's behavior towards you was breaking your heart and you could hold it no more. You let the tears in your eyes roll down your cheeks.
"Along with her, you both are grounded too!" he referred to the boys, observing the whole scenario.
"What? Why us? We didn't even do anything!" Jimin yelled back.
"You're grounded because you are to look after her until we're back. Aunt Ji-hye is ill, so we need to leave for the States. Jungkook too will stay with you until then. And y/n, he won't let you out of the house, so don't even think of doing something nasty," he pointed at you at the last line, his eyes bulging out.
"Whatever! I don't care!" Jimin argued.
"What did you say?" your dad fell silent. Not a simple silence. An eerie one. Jimin had never disrespected your father. Despite his habit of answering back, he had never been so arrogant to your father. But today, he had crossed the line. The atmosphere had immediately tensed up in the room and Jimin too sensed it. He stayed still, looking at his feet; not able to meet his father's eyes.

"SO THIS IS HOW YOU PAY RESPECT TO ME?" he thundered at Jimin.
"I-I I'm sorry father," he said, his voice tiny because of fear and guilt.
"You don't need to be. Instead I should thank you son, for making me aware of the truth that how miserably I've failed at raising my children," he stormed out of the room.
"Jimin-ah," your mom glanced at him with a sorry look and rushed behind your dad, trying to keep up with his pace and trying to calm him down.
"All because of you!" Jimin bumped his shoulder purposely onto yours as he barged out of the room, to his own.

"I'm so-sorry, oppa," you mumbled with your eyes pooling with fresh tears, to the only-one-left Seokjin before you.
He came to you and held your shoulders,"It's okay, it happens sometimes. But it was worth the scolding, wasn't it?" he winked at you, knowing you must've had the time of your life with Namjoon.
"B-but, Jimin, he's mad at me."
"Don't worry about him. I'll talk to him later. For now, you should sleep, it's getting late. Good night," he bent over to your height and wiped your tears with the sleeve of his sweatshirt.

"Aren't you going to give me a kiss like you did the other day?" you sniffed, while Seokjin stood stunned. But despite being awkward, he first looked to his sides to make sure no one was there and then pulled you into his hug and placed a quick, small peck on your temple, to which you shed a few more tears, wetting his sweatshirt.
"Stop crying now!" he pulled your cheeks and hugged you again.

On the way to your bedroom, you met Jungkook with a suitcase in his hand. You glared at him.

He could have made up some excuse and saved me but he didn't. What a loyal dove!

You got into your room and passed out into a deep slumber as soon as your back hit the hay. You were sleeping soundly until you felt a rumble.

*Rumble*

It was your tummy.

The last meal you had was in the late noon with Namjoon, that too just ramen. So you tip-toed to the kitchen on your food-sneaking mission; not wanting to wake anyone. You successfully reached the kitchen and placed a tall stool before the pantry; searching for something appetizing.