Part 34

You sat upright in bed for a change in posture, just then you heard the door open. You looked in that direction.
"Y/n," said Namjoon.

Why and how is he here?

He walked in while you were occupied in your thoughts. He sat on the stool next to your cot, next to you, while you on the other hand were too stunned to speak.

"Why are you here?" you asked calmly.
"I was worried about you," he said, which made you chuckle.
"Worried? Says the person who didn't even call me once," you scoffed.
"Yeah I didn't; you'd never pick up. That's why I called your brothers," he said.
Now that changed things.

He called oppas? Liar. Oppas would've told me if he did.

"As if I'd believe that," you scoffed at him, though you wanted to show him a taste of the tempest inside you when you were seeing him lie to your face.
"Y/n I'm really sorry about what happened that day," he gave your hand a light squeeze. You looked at his hand on yours, and that's when he took it away.
"You can't just push me away and come back whenever you want," you looked away from him.
"I never pushed you, Y/n. I never will. I just want to say that all of this is a misunderstanding. And I can clear it if you are willing to listen. Please," he hesitantly grazed his fingers over yours.
"I don't want to believe your lies and get my heart broken again," your voice was barely audible as you were trying to not let the sobs escape.

I'm moving on. I'm not letting it become a habit for him; he can leave and come back as he pleases.

"They're not lies."
"And you're not flipping," you scoffed.

"Y/n, what can I do to have you back?"
Your eyes went wide as he said that.

You faced him only to find him locking his eyes into yours. The dragon eyes which you had loved ever since you had seen them. Those eyes, which would mesmerize you whenever you'd look into them.

No, I'm not going to be fooled by them again. I'm not going to assume; he wouldn't hurt me if he loved me that dearly.

"You can allow me to rest. Thanks for coming," you said with a lump in your throat which has definitely broken Namjoon. He bit his lip and got up.

"I don't know why I'm being punished like this, but for whatever reason you're doing this, I just wanna say: I'm sorry. I truly am," he took out a marker from his pocket. He probably came with it. He plucked out the cap and wrote on your plaster:

Take care and get well soon (•ᴗ•)

And without a word, left. Left, when you were busy looking away from him.

After he was gone, you couldn't help but cry. You didn't want to cry, despite knowing that it was inevitable and that moving on did require courage. You wiped your tears and closed your eyes, trying to distract yourself from Namjoon. Just then your annoying oppa tiptoed upto to you.
"Hello my troublemaker, having trouble meditating?" he ruffled your hair, even when he knew that it pissed you. But instead of showing him fifty shades of red, you suddenly hugged his waist.

"Yah! Let go! That's disgusting!" he tried to push you but when a sob left your mouth, he stopped wriggling.
"Troublemaker?" he asked.
"Y/n? Are you..are you okay?"
You shook your head as no.
"Did Namjoon hurt you?" he asked, his face beginning to see red.
"No," you sniffed. "I don't know why I'm crying. I don't want to, oppa."
"Ohh, you didn't want to see him, did you?"
"I don't know. Part of me did and part of me didn't."
"I know, but I don't think I'll understand," he stroked your hair.