Part 2

After your university lectures were over the next day, you asked Yoongi, your best friend since school, to accompany you to the library. On the way, you explained about Namjoon's strange request to him.
"The Wallflowers?" he asked.
"Yup."
"Let me guess. It's a mystery?" he said.
"No, it's a heartwarming story."
"Doesn't sound like a good book to me. Hey wait!! Namjoon recommended a weepie book? To you?"
"Yes, that's why it's special!" you exclaimed.
"But of all the books in the world, 'The Wallflowers'? The title itself seems boring," Yoongi faked a yawn.
"People judge books by their covers and here you are judging that book by its name," you snorted.
"I'm not judging it by it's name. All these years, Namjoon always recommended books about visionary fiction, biographies and sci-fi. Why would he recommend such a book?" he wondered.
"I don't know, but if he has recommended that book to me, there must be something really special in it," you said.
"He would just bump into someone and you'd still find it special," he said, disgustedly.
"Oh come on, I agree that he's a teeny weeny bit clumsy...but he's very cute," you grinned.
"He's a LOT clumsy which is not at all cute," he stated.
"Remember your last birthday when he spilled his coffee on your father's secretary? That was so hilarious!! You should've seen his face," he laughed hysterically.
"That was Jungkook's mistake. He should have been more careful," you huffed in annoyance.

Yoongi simply entered the library, not wanting to argue with you. You scurried behind him with your tiny feet and eventually ended up bumping into a figure who was reading a book while walking past you, which now along with you, fell to the ground with a loud thud.

"Oww!" you winced in pain. Yoongi immediately came out from his hideout and slid his hands underneath your underarms, picking you up from the ground like you were a baby.

"Are you okay?" both of them asked in unison. Wait, that voice is familiar!
You craned your neck up to look at the tall figure who had accidentally knocked you down.
"Namjoon?"
"Are you okay?" Namjoon asked, his eyes were filled with concern.
"Y-yeah," you flashed a smile despite the stinging pain your butt was going through.

"Namjoon, shouldn't read books while walking!" Yoongi scolded.
"I'm so sorry," Namjoon apologized to the both of you.
"It's okay," you said, dusting off your clothes.
"Well I'm running late for some work. I'll get going for now, bye!" Namjoon waved.

"Blind moron!" Yoongi cursed once he was out of earshot.
"Oh, come on! He's a human too. He can make a mistake too!" you said to which Yoongi rolled his eyes, making a face which said, 'Whatever'.

"Hey, man! How are you?" he said to the librarian, Taehyung who was snoring with a book upside down on his face.
"What a disrespect to books!" you said, taking the book off his face.
"Wha-what are you doing here?" he flinched, breaking out of his nap or deep sleep; whatever he was going through.
"You shouldn't be sleeping at this time. What if someone breaks in?" Yoongi said with concern.
"Who would want to steal books? That too in the 21st century?" he yawned, while you walked to the bookshelves.
"Why are you here?" Taehyung questioned.
"For lunch!" Yoongi joked, making you giggle.
"Which book do you want?" Taehyung shouted.
"The Wallflowers," you yelled back.
"I'm not sure if I have it," he said.
"What do we do if it is not here?" you asked Yoongi, worriedly.
"Don't worry. It must be somewhere here," he said.
"And what if it's not here?" you asked.
"I'll buy you one, okay?" Yoongi warmly assured.
"Really?" you exclaimed to which he hummed a yes.
"You're the best, Oppa!" you said.
"What's with that 'oppa'? Sounds very weird. Don't ever call me that!" he said repellently, earning giggles from you.

"Where must it be?" he said to himself, while going through the shelves.
"It's on the second rack," Namjoon said.
"Namjoon? You're back?" you asked.
"Uh, yeah I.. I forgot my backpack here," he said, to which Yoongi laughed out loudly on his face.

"Yoongi stop!" you whispered, poking him in the ribs.
"I'll officially go now. Uh..you two can continue. Bye!" he seemed to mind you being with him but regardless, he flashed you a warm smile.

"How could anyone be so clumsy that you didn't even realise there's nothing on your back when you left the store!" Yoongi continued laughing hysterically.

"Here it is!" you exclaimed. Extending your hand to the fullest, you raised your toes, trying to reach the book.
"You're so short. Namjoon would be of great help to you. That guy's literally 180cm," he said, helping you get the book.
"It's 181," you corrected him.
"Look at yourself! So mad in love that you even know his height!" he said, disbelief not ready to wear off his face.
"I know everything about him," you flicked your locks in pride.
"And I bet he doesn't even know about your feelings for him even when it's so obvious," he said, looking through the shelves, to get a book for himself.
"Is it that obvious?"
"Horribly obvious! I wonder if he is blind to not notice it or he is already seeing someone," he said.

"Come on, don't be sad! I'm just kidding," he said, seeing your face in a dilemma.
He put an arm around your shoulders and said, "He surely isn't seeing anyone. Who'd like to date a boy who's so careless?" he laughed out.
"He's not careless. He's very considerate, he even gave me his jacket yesterday," you boasted.
"Oh, did he?" he said sarcastically and sat on the chair nearby, scrolling through his phone while you opened the book to initiate your reading.

You turned around the first page and your face showed a hint of amusement when you saw an envelope in it. It wasn't just any ordinary envelope having some important letter or some cash, it had to be special, because it was made of velvet!

 It wasn't just any ordinary envelope having some important letter or some cash, it had to be special, because it was made of velvet!

You glided your fingers along it's soft and plush texture and called out to Yoongi,
"Look, it's a letter!" you exclaimed.
"It's not for you," Yoongi snapped after a glance at it.
"Shall we open it?" you ignored his comment.
"It's not right y/n. It might be meant for someone else-"
"It can't be! It was in the book," you protested.
"Maybe it was kept there intentionally! NOT FOR YOU," he tried to grab the letter.
"Whatever. Then don't look. Shut your eyes," you snapped at him this time and opened the envelope encasing a fragile piece of paper.

Inside it was written:

End of Part 2

What do you think about the letter??

Thank you for reading 😊
Stay tuned for the next part!!