Part 17

Of course, to make things worse, you had fallen on top of him.

"MISS Y/N!!" Jungkook barged into the room. Seeing you upon Hoseok he misunderstood everything. He rushed to you and quickly separated the two bodies.
"What were you two doing?" he asked.
"No! It's not what you think!! I..fell..no!! I mean we fell-"
"In love?" a wide-eyed Jungkook spilled.
"Noo!!! Not yet!!!" Hoseok screamed as well as groaned in pain.

"Are you okay Hoseok?" you put the spotlight on the more important thing: ensuring Hoseok was okay because it was your fault that he was injured.
"I'm NOT okay! Oww!" Hoseok winced.
"My back! I think you crushed my whole spine!" he didn't move an inch.
"Oh really Hoseok? Stop overreacting! This wouldn't have happened if you hadn't pulled me!"
"This wouldn't have happened if you hadn't peeked through my phone!"
"This wouldn't have happened if you hadn't clicked my pictures!"
"Shut up and help me!" he cried.

Agh y/n, it's your fault. You have no option.

You stretched out your palm to help him but Jungkook pushed it and helped him to his feet all by himself, after which Hoseok limped awkwardly and slouched into one of the chairs in the drawing room.

"Miss Y/n, I need to talk," Jungkook said, grabbing your hand and walking out of the room.
"What were you doing with him? I mean, on top of him."
"Are you crazy to say it out loud?? I told you it's not what you think! Just like I said earlier to him, I wanted his phone-"
"Because he had your pictures," he cut in between,"I wonder what kind of pictures you had sent him," he eyed you suspiciously from top to bottom.
"Yah! It's not what you think!" you whispered furiously, for his assumptions were way too lewd. You explained to him whatever happened in the drawing room a few moments ago and how your teasing had brought you on top of Hoseok.
"Miss y/n, that boy is a pervert! Can't you see? Like, who pulls a girl by her waist like he did to you? You were bound to fall. It was inevitable."
"Jungkook, you're overreacting just like Hoseok. It was an accident," you patted his shoulder, assuring him that everything was okay and he didn't need to poke his nose in between.
He pushed off your hand gently,"Miss, you don't understand, you have no idea about this cruel world. There's no one in the house except the maids and that guy, considering the perv he is; he could do anything to you!" he said with concern in his voice.
"You don't need to worry about me! I can take care of myself."
"Oh really? Then why didn't you do something when the librarian kissed you?" he deliberately raised his voice.
"Ssh! Jungkook!!" you placed your hand on his lip, looking around if anyone heard him.

He shrugged off your hand from his emotionless face, "Why didn't you push him back then? Or you really wanted to kiss him?"
"IT'S NOTHING LIKE THAT! Gosh! Just stop assuming things, will you!" you joined your hands in front of your face.
"Just stay away from that boy. He doesn't seem good," he said and walked away.
"Stay away from that boy," you mocked him with his accent when he was out of earshot.

You went back inside your drawing room, to Hoseok, who was sitting still on the chair, his eyes closed.
"Are you okay?" you asked him.
"Nooo!" he cried out, eyes open.
"You just fell down, why are you exaggerating so much? What a crybaby!"
"I didn't just fall down, you fell onto me!"
"I wish you were a boy so that I could beat you up till my bones broke!" he expressed his frustrated grunts.
"Yah, stop whining now. I'll ask the maids to give you a heating pad."
"No need. I'm fine," he mumbled, but in spite of it you asked the maids for a heating pad for him.