Part 9

So he KNOWS.

There's no chance I can catch the secret admirer now!

"Are you okay? You seem perturbed," Namjoon asked, worried.
"Y-yeah," you stuttered, turning your gaze from the slowly fading figure of Seokjin through the rear glass to Namjoon.

"You know, about the project; I'm going to talk about it to the professor. So you don't need to worry," he smiled warmly and placed his hand on yours. Your eyes went wide as you were startled by his touch and in the heat of the moment, pulled your hand away from underneath his; which you regretted immediately.
I'm such a fool!

"I-I'm sorry," Namjoon said, supposing he had caused a catastrophe.
"By the way, c-can you drive?" he asked, trying to cut the awkward silence between both of you. But poor Namjoon, he had no idea that you didn't want to make a conversation. Not at that moment at least.
"No, I'm still learning," you said, trying to figure out a way to go to the library.
"Me too," he said, expecting you to keep the conversation going.

"The last time Mr. Namjoon drove, he ran into the house wall and also crushed the Bonet, completely. That was so hilarious!" the driver laughed out.
"Mr. Lee, I'd really appreciate it if you focused more on driving than our conversation," Namjoon said, irritated by the driver.
"Yes sir, absolutely," the driver simply said.
"Don't mind him y/n. He talks a lot," he said while you nodded, looking out of the window, your mind definitely not present in their talks.

You glanced out of the window, only to realise that you were not so far from the university.

You have to think of something, y/n!

"Stop the car!" you screamed without thinking. The driver abruptly jammed in the brakes, stopping the car with a loud screech as the airbags popped out.
"What happened?" Namjoon, who's cheek was pressed against the airbag, asked.
"I...I-I....I forgot my phone!" you lied.
"It's okay, I'll lend you my phone when you need it."
"N-no!"
"But why?"
"I-I can't! I have my reasons! I need it. Especially for today."
"B-but we've almost reached the university," Namjoon said.
"You should go on then, Namjoon. I'll catch up with you later."

You were about to leave, when Namjoon gently held your slim wrist.
"You don't have to go alone. I think we can go together," he suggested.

Ah, if he goes on like this, I'll melt!
I wish I could take you with me, but I can't. I KNOW you're my secret admirer and if you come with me I won't get a chance to confirm it. So, you must stay, Namjoon.

"No, I don't want you to be late," you said. I'm sorry.
"No, it's fine. I'm not going without you," he protested.
"If we both stay, then who'll take down the notes? You must go!" you gently took his hand off yours, despite knowing that it would rarely hold yours again and that gesture must've really broken him because after that he didn't protest anymore.
"Fine, if you wish so," he muttered. I'm sorry Namjoon, for treating you this way, but I must leave.

Without looking back, you quickly ran away from the car and called Yoongi via your phone to pick you up; since you didn't have the money to hire a taxi as you had informed at home about going with Namjoon.

After completing the formalities, you took a seat at the bus stop, waiting for Yoongi to come.

~~~

You waved as soon as you saw Yoongi on his large, powerful, black bike, looking exactly like a bad boy you used to fantasize from the movies.
After getting off from his bike, he took off his helmet and shook his head a little, tossing his hair over his forehead and thereafter sliding his hand through them for a gentle comb, definitely making himself look hot and without realising it, you had your jaw dropped and your eyes locked on him.