Part 28

Without a word, you walked away and Namjoon trailed behind you.

You entered the garden and stopped, because you knew there was no jacket in the garden. But Namjoon didn't, so you pretended to look here and there.
"Uh, you wanted to say something, didn't you, Namjoon?"
"Uh it's nothing," he mumbled looking at your lips. On further observation you realized that he wasn't looking at your lips. It was the pendant.

"You're giving the wrong idea, darling."
Yoongi, you're right. Oh no! So he thinks all of this is for Yoongi?

"Uh, this is given to me by Yoongi as a present," you told him.
"Thought so. The Yin Yang. He's the Yang and you're the Yin," he said dejectedly.

No, no, no!!! It's not what you think!!!

"W-we're just best friends. Nothing more," you faced him and plunged into the depths of his dragon eyes.
He too looked into yours, entranced.

"You look so ravishing," Namjoon said and tucked a strand of hair behind your ear.

R-ravishing?? This isn't Namjoon's vocabulary, you stared at him with horror, which was definitely the wrong expression to portray for that time.

"N-no, no. R-ravishing is not the word. I-I meant p-pre...pretty. Yeah, pretty is the word." For the first time in your life you had seen him so indecisive. That too about his words. He's definitely drunk.

You stood next to him, stunned with wonder. You were even beginning to wonder if this was the Namjoon you had always known all your life.

"I-I I'm sorry, if that...made you uncomfortable. I..didn't-"
You touched his arm and looked at him in the eyes,"It didn't. I actually liked it."
You kept looking each other in the eyes for quite a long time now and you were beginning to wonder if he ever even wanted to say something important.

"You seem lost," you asked, not losing the staring competition.
He smiled lovingly and came closer to you,"Yes, into your eyes. Hazel's a beautiful color...I get drunk whenever I look into your eyes."

Wait!!! I've heard this somewhere!! No!! I've READ this!!!! I was right!!! So Namjoon really is...

"I'm too drunk. I'm really sorry," he said, since you took too long to answer his compliment.
"No, no! It's-"

"Y/n, Namjoon! Come in, dinner's about to start," Seokjin called.
What more could you do then? Namjoon and you had to head into the villa.

"Is it a 'no'?" Seokjin asked worriedly.
"I would know if I had got the chance to ask. You disturbed us," you pouted.
"Oh, I didn't know. But it looked like things weren't going well between you. You both were literally standing there like statues!! What am I supposed to think? I feared that you'd cry today!"
"Huh...it's okay now. Let's go."

The dinner was peaceful. Drinks were taken away by the maids as Seokjin had ordered, because Jimin and the boys didn't look like they wanted to stop.

You were the first one to finish and got up from the table. You went to the washroom to check on yourself. Everything was fine, in its place.

No, not everything. Even the dinner will be over now. I have to confess before the party ends!

You walked out of the washroom and sat again onto your seat, wondering what should be next.

What should I do now? Who should I ask for help? Oppas are occupied as well. I can't ask just anyone, Yoongi is out of the question. How in the world did HE know I'm going to confess to Namjoon?
I fear he might be what I think he is.