EPILOGUE

Happy Reading!

EPILOGUE.

Just A Promise.

"Anak," my eyes landed at my mother who is sitting right next to me. She reached for my arm and gently caressed it. I blinked twice and stared at her for a couple of seconds. I know she's thinking of something.

"What is it, Mom?" I boredly asked and rested my back in the sofa. She let out a heavy sigh.

"Ayos lang bah sa iyo na sa Pilipinas ka magka college?" my eyes widened on what I've just heard from her. Because of shock, my movement suddenly become fast. Her hand isn't in my arms anymore, I faced her and let her look that I don't understand what she wanted to say. "Ley... alam kong naiintindihan mo ang ginagamit kong lenggwahe, you don't have to react like--"

"Alam ko, Mommy. 'Di ko lang makuha kung ano ang ipinupunto mo kung bakit ako sa Pilipinas magka college," tamad pero naiirita ko kaagad na sabi.

She let out a heavy sigh again and worriedly looked at me. Napangiwi ako at napapailing. "Me and your father just want you to have a good and a happy life, anak. I have observed that you don't have some friends in your school. I also have observed that you aren't a vocal person which is not good for your mental health. You should try socialize to other people, Crossley dahil darating ang araw na kakailanganin mo din sila." napabuga ako ng hangin.

"Really, Mom? Papupuntahin n'yo lang ako sa Pilipinas para makahanap ng kaibigan?" tiim na tumango si Mommy na mas lalong nagpainis sa damdamin ko. "Tsh! I don't need friends! And they don't need me--"

She cut me off. "No, that is not true. Time will come that you'll realize that having friends is fun. Don't be a loner, Ley," and now, her voice suddenly become very serious. I was out of words so I chose to bow down my head to look away in my mother's gaze. "You already graduated so by next week, you'll fly off to Philippines."

"No! I don't want to go to Philippines, Mommy!" pagmamaktol ko.

Her movement became fast, nasa malapit ko na naman siya and in a blink of an eye, mabilis niyang kinurot at pinalo ang braso ko. That really hurts! I don't know what to feel!

"Go to Philippines or you will regret it! Ready your things and Aaron will also come with you to be your guardian there. Don't you dare say 'No' again, Ley or I will pinch and slap you 'til death!" my lips protruded at her statement. She stood up and glared at me. "Tumayo ka na 'dyan at maligo! Napakabaho mo! Tsupe!" I was forced to stand up.

I went to my own room and lay in my bed full of anger inside me. Naiinis ako pero kabutihan lang naman ang gusto ni Mommy para sa'kin and what good is she talking about? I don't see anything good in going to the country where she grew up and meet Dad.

Kung tama ang ala-ala ko, I was 11 years old when my feet first landed on that country.

"Crossley! Where are you going?" I looked at my mother who's running towards me. Mas binilisan ko ang pagtakbo para 'di niya ako mahabol. "Goodness! Come back here, Crossley!" those was the last words I heard from her.

Nagbabakasyon kami sa isang resort na maganda ang accomodation. This is my first time here in the Philippines and I did not expect na ganito kaganda ang sasalubong sa akin. Family business trip ito sabi ni Daddy and because they are so desperate to let me see this country, sinama nila ako especially that I am just their only child.

Yes. I am an only child but unlike the other only child, I am not a spoiled brat. Maybe hard-headed?

"Uy! May isang bata pa oh!" naiintindihan ko ang lenggwaheng ginagamit nila so nilingon ko ang grupo ng mga bata na mukhang anak ng mga kausyuso ni Papa sa negosyo.