Chapter:28

Siddharth pov:

We reached the destination and paparazzi was there to welcome us(note the sarcasm) and it was crowded as fuck. Why don't they leave us and let us live peacefully. They keep intruding in someone's life and make their life joke. But now i have to deal with it, i sighed and looked towards her, her expressions were tensed, i guess she also  don't like crowds and of course paparazzi.

"Don't worry about them, just stay with me." i said to her and she nodded.

I came out of the car and forwarded my hand to her, she took it and came out of the car and immediately lights started flashing on us. I quickly pulled her towards me and started going inside ignoring their questions.

Who is the girl Mr. Nigam?

Is she your date for tonight?

Are you cheating on Ms. Walia?

Why didn't you bring your wife with you, because this girl is not Ms. Walia.

(p.s.- As i told earlier  nobody except the family knows that he is married to avneet not roshni)

Finally we reached inside. She was breathing heavily like she just completed a race but ignoring the media is also a kind of race.

"Are you okay?" i asked her and she nodded

"Good" i said.

"Uh  could you please leave my hand?" she asked and then i noticed i had been holding her hand all this time, our fingers were intertwined with each other like  two pieces of puzzle.

I left her hand and at that instant i missed the warmth of her hand, but i chose to ignore it.

"Don't leave my side." i said to her, more like ordered her.

"Okay" she replied and i hummed.

After that some business men came to me and we started talking.

Avneet pov:

I was standing beside him and my lips were hurting by smiling this much. He was talking about business and what am i supposed to do now? Just stand here like a statue. My feet were hurting due to heels. I was about to ask him that should i go somewhere else, when someone jumped on me from back startling me. My heart literally came out of my rib cage.

"Heyy Muskaan!!" came an excited voice and i sighed in relief. She came in front of me and smiled widely.

"Why you keep scaring me? If i died because of heart attack due to your weird habits to scaring me, then i will haunt you in your dreams." i said in a fake angry tone.

"Aww i am sorry Muskaan, but i can't do anyhting regarding this, you have to bare me." she said jumping like a kid and i shook my head in disbelief.

"Muskaan?" came his confused voice and then it hit me, he is also there.

"Yeah Muskaan." ash replied shrugging

"That's her nickname, only me, and uncle aunt used to call her that because she brings smile on everyone face ." she said with a sad smile at the mention of mom dad.

It also made me emotional that how they used to call me from different nicknames and made me feel special, but after them i was just a piece of trash to everyone, no one made me feel special.

"Hey don't cry Muskaan, it just slipped out from my tongue." ash said hugging me and i realized that tears were flowing from my eyes.

"Its nothing ash. just something went in my eye." i said to her, i know she didn't believed that but kept quiet and broke the hug.