Two

Demi

"Mmm, something smells good. What's cooking?" I giggled as Odell jumped. I leant against the counter, my arms crossed over my chest as I watched him, admiring his physique.

"I was making breakfast in bed but it seems like you're up" I nibbled on my lip. "Happy birthday, Beautiful."

"Thanks" I went up onto my tiptoes and kissed his cheek. "Would you like me to go back upstairs? I promise that I can act surprised" he lightly laughed as he shook his head, turning to me and leaning to peck my lips.

"No, it's fine" he wrapped his arm around me, removing the scrambled eggs from the heat. I silently watched him as he continued with breakfast, unable to express how special I felt. I took a seat at the counter as Odell plated up breakfast. I took my plate off Odell and then he disappeared. I chewed on a piece of scrambled egg as I waited for him to return. My heart swelled and my jaw hung open as he stepped back into the kitchen a moment later with an armful of gifts.

"O?"

"What? It's not everyday a girl turns 25" my lips twitched at the corners until a wide smile spread across my face. He lowered the many bags and boxes down onto the counter. He pressed a kiss to my cheek as he took a seat beside me. "You can open them after breakfast."

"You really know how to spoil me" he slid his hand along my bare thigh until it disappeared under his shirt that I had on.

"You deserve it, Baby" he flashed me a smirk and then turned to his breakfast, keeping his hand on my thigh. We finished breakfast in a comfortable silence and then Odell thrust one of the smaller presents into my hands. I lightly laughed as I took it and slowly began to rip off the wrapping paper.

"You really didn't have to buy me so much, Odell" he just rolled his eyes at me. "I love you" he nodded as he glanced up to meet my gaze, leaning to peck my lips.

"I love you too" my entire body ignited. "Now, finish opening your presents. We could be here for a while" I lightly laughed as I went back to ripping the paper off the presents. He brought me some insanely soft pyjamas, numerous bottles of perfume, a heart shaped photo frame that held a photo of us and then a necklace with a matching pair of earrings.

"You really have spoilt me, O."

"We're not finished yet, Baby" my eyebrows scrunched together but before I could question him, there was a knock on the front door. "Stay here" I watched Odell as he left the kitchen. I decided to tidy up the mess from breakfast. I shoved the wrapping paper into the trash, rinsed off the plates and then placed them into the dishwasher. It was as I closed the dishwasher that Odell stepped back into the kitchen holding a box that had a blue bow stuck to the top.

"Odell?" he lightly laughed at my tone as he slid the box onto the counter. "I think you've spent enough on me already" he rolled his eyes and signalled me over. His hands moved to my hips as he gently pulled me to stand in front of the box.

"Happy birthday" the box, even though it wasn't being touched, was moving. My eyebrows scrunched together in slight confusion as I reached out for the bow. Odell slid his arms around my waist and began to gently kiss the nape of my neck. His light kisses were making my spine tingle. The moment I opened the box, my eyes landed on this little black ball of fluff. His head shot up and his tail began to wag.

"Hi Baby" he eagerly sniffed at my hand, his tail just wagging more in his obvious excitement. "Odell?" a single teardrop rolled down my cheek as I lifted the puppy onto my chest. I glanced up at him as the puppy began to lick at my damp chin. I cuddled myself into him, not evening saying a word as tears continued to pour down my cheeks. Losing Buddy was one of the hardest things that happened to me. He was my little baby. Odell just wrapped his arm around me and pressed his lips to the top of my head. The way that he hugs me, makes me feel safe. It's like nothing can ever go wrong.

-

"He's so cute" Madison cooed as Batman jumped at her legs. I lightly laughed as she sunk to the floor to fuss him.

"Happy birthday, Baby Girl" my mom pulled me into a hug, pressing a kiss to my temple. I smiled at dad over her shoulder as he walked through the front door carrying a pile of presents. "I can't believe you're 25. Time sure does fly as you get older" I smiled down at her as she pulled away, stroking a strand of hair behind my ear.

"I can't believe it either" I lightly joked. She stepped around me to greet Odell as I turned to dad. "Hi Dad" a smile spread across his face as I went up onto my tiptoes. I wrapped my arms around his neck whilst he kept a hold of the presents. "You guys really didn't need to get me anything" I commented as I pulled away from him and took a couple of the gifts off him. "I think Odell brought enough for all of you" I lightly laughed as I glanced to Odell who rolled his eyes as he pulled away from my mom. "But thank you anyway" Madison lifted Batman against her chest as we began into the living room so I could open the presents they all brought me. Batman definitely enjoyed the attention he got from everyone.

Liked by matthew_scott_montgomery, iamkittens and 1,826,527 othersddlovato #batman #25 🦇💙View all 715,827 commentstheoneandonlydallaslovato So precious 🥺😍joejonas Happy Birthday D 🎂

ddlovato #batman #25 🦇💙
View all 715,827 comments
theoneandonlydallaslovato So precious 🥺😍
joejonas Happy Birthday D 🎂

——