Twenty Eight

Demi

"I miss you" he nodded as his lips twitched into a light smile. "I hate not falling to sleep next to you with your hands on my belly and your face nuzzled into my neck" Odell's smile widened which just made my cheeks burn slightly.

"I miss you too, Angel. I miss falling to sleep next to you too" I rolled my eyes at the way his lips formed into a smirk. "I hope you're enjoying Belfast" I lightly laughed as I shook my head.

"I haven't really seen much of it. I've spent the entire morning on the bus. I'll be heading to soundcheck soon" I glanced down at my stomach that was becoming a lot harder to hide as Odell gently laughed. "I'm not going to be able to keep this pregnancy hidden for much longer, Odell. I already feel like an elephant" he gently laughed as he shook his head.

"You don't look like an elephant, Dem."

"I didn't say look, I said feel" I rolled my eyes as he laughed.

"The doctor did say that Baby was a bit further forward, she said that your bump may be a little larger" I pushed myself up from the bed and walked towards the mirror. I flipped the camera and lifted my shirt, lightly smiling at my bump. I'm surprised with how easy I've found this change. Any sort of weight gain in the past would have completely destroyed me but this is making me excited. I'm growing a human.

"I'm 17 weeks, O. I'm really going to struggle hiding it in the white bodysuit I wear for Cry Baby."

"You look hot in that though, Gorgeous" I groaned as I dropped my head into my hand.

"I won't look hot in it with a baby bump, Odell."

"You always look hot, Angel" I rolled my eyes as I lowered myself back down onto the bed. "Do you want to announce the pregnancy?" I shrugged as I traced patterns on my bump. "It'll stop the speculation, I suppose. You won't get asked questions you don't want to answer in interviews."

"But what if the hate gets worse? People already hate a baby that to them, may or may not even exist. The world doesn't even know for sure that I'm definitely pregnant and already the baby's getting..."

"Demi, breathe" I stopped my rambling and began to take deep breaths, unaware until now that tears were rolling down my cheeks. "Baby, you need to stop reading that shit. I've told you multiple times to ignore it. It's all shit, Demi."

"It's not that easy though, Odell. I-I can't just ignore it. It's there and it's about our baby and..." I quickly wiped the tears from my cheeks. "I can't hide this baby any longer. There's no way I can squeeze into those skimpy outfits and manage to hide this" I placed my hand on my belly as I choked softly on a sob. "My team won't change any of it. They don't care that I can't hide my bump. They don't care that I don't feel comfortable in any of the outfits anymore" my slightly raised voice must have alerted my team on the bus because a moment later there was a gentle knock on the door. "Come in" I quickly wiped at my cheeks as Jill poked her head around the door and she flashed me a light smile.

"You okay, Honey?"

"I'm fine. I-I'll be out in a minute."

"You're not fine, Dem. What's up?" she stepped into the room and lightly closed the door behind her.

"I just-I don't know how to hide this anymore" I lightly caressed my belly as silent tears rolled down my cheeks.

"Why do you want to hide it, Sweetheart?"

"In case something goes wrong, I guess" I shrugged, glancing at Odell who remained on my phone screen. I have no other reason to want to hide this baby. I'm terrified that something is going to prevent me from getting a baby at the end of this.

"You can't be worried about stuff like that, Honey" she stroked a strand of hair behind my ear.

"Demi, if you want to announce the pregnancy. I'm right behind you" I sniffled as Odell spoke. "You're still beautiful, Baby, and I still love you" my lips twitched at the corners. "I love you so very much, Beautiful" I nodded, biting down on my lip as I glanced down. "I've got to go, Babe, but I'll talk to you later. I love you" I nodded as I blew him a kiss.

"I love you too, Baby" he blew me a kiss back and then hung up. I released a breath as I lowered my phone onto the bed. "What do you think I should do, Jill?"

"You should do what you think is right" she lightly laughed as I rolled my eyes. "We've got to head out for soundcheck in around half an hour" I nodded as I glanced down at my belly. "We can adjust your outfits, Honey. You can ignore Phil. This is your tour and we all want you to feel comfortable."

"I just-I don't want to cause an argument or a scene, we already fought when he found out about the baby. He thinks I've ruined my career" Jill flashed me a light smile.

"You haven't ruined your career, Demi" I glanced down at my hands and twiddled with my fingers.

"I'll see how tonight goes and if I can't hide it any longer then I'll announce it. I don't think I'll fit in the tight fitting outfits though" I lightly smiled as I caressed my bump. "Thank you for standing up for me with everything."

"Demi, you're family" she wrapped her arm loosely around me. "I'll leave you to get yourself ready" she gave my arm a rub and then pushed herself to stand, leaving me alone with my thoughts.

Demi Lovato announces pregnancy.

Demi Lovato finally announces pregnancy with sweet post on her Instagram after debuting a baby bump at her Belfast concert.

——