Fifty Two

Demi

Liked by matthew_scott_montgomery, angelokritikos and 8,615,826 others ddlovato Bora Bora with my new hubby ❤️View all 2,916,571 commentsobj On top of the world ❤️‍🔥 My beautiful Angel 😻arianagrande Looking GORGEOUS D 💗

ddlovato Bora Bora with my new hubby ❤️
View all 2,916,571 comments
obj On top of the world ❤️‍🔥 My beautiful Angel 😻
arianagrande Looking GORGEOUS D 💗

I wish my honeymoon didn't have to come to an end, but it did. We had an incredible time in our own little bubble, away from the world. We had no contact with the outside world. We'd switched off our phones, using just a camera to capture memories. It made the experience more enjoyable. It was hard to leave paradise but we remained in our bubble a couple days after we landed home, we wanted to spend this time together. We wanted to prepare ourselves for the life we had ahead of us as a married couple. Even though I was a little terrified of the future, I was excited and looking forward to everything we'd get to do together as husband and wife. I'm confident that no matter what we go through together, we'll have each other to lean on. We have each other forever now. It was hard to leave our bubble but I know that it was needed. We need to continue our life as husband and wife, that includes continuing our careers too.

It was the beginning of June that life slowly started to go back to normal and I started it off by signing a new deal with Scooter Braun. He had made the decision to sign me while I was away on my honeymoon after a conversation with Ariana Grande. It was the start of a new adventure with someone who throughly seemed invested in my happiness as well as my career. I'd discussed wanting to get back into acting during our meeting a couple months ago and there were already acting opportunities being lined up for me. After giving it all some consideration, I knew I'd be stupid to turn any of them down. I want to get back to my roots.

Liked by arianagrande, theoneandonlydallaslovato and 6,516,572 others ddlovato NEW MANAGER ALERT 🙌🏼❤️ Thank you @scooterbraun for believing in me ❤️View all 1,516,627 commentsobj Proud of you Angel 🥺justinbieber Welcome to the team D ☺️

ddlovato NEW MANAGER ALERT 🙌🏼❤️ Thank you @scooterbraun for believing in me ❤️
View all 1,516,627 comments
obj Proud of you Angel 🥺
justinbieber Welcome to the team D ☺️

Odell and I weren't actively trying for a baby but we weren't exactly stopping it from happening either. I'd stopped taking my birth control a month before the wedding and Odell never used condoms anyway. I finally feel ready to try for another baby nearly a year after we lost Iona.

I could feel myself creeping into a depression as we went into July and Iona's birth date creeped nearer. We'd had a negative pregnancy test at the end of June and that laid heavy on my heart. What if I can't get pregnant again? What if Iona was our only shot? The thoughts continued to creep into my head and most days I found it a struggle to get out of bed.

"Demi?" I jumped awake at the voice, forcing my eyes open to find Odell knelt beside me. "I brought you some breakfast, it's a cream cheese bagel from Starbucks. I know that it's your favourite" I rolled my eyes as I rolled onto my back.

"I'm not hungry."

"You need to eat, Demi" I released a breath in annoyance.

"I'm not hungry" my eyes burnt into Odell's as I sat myself up. His gaze never once softened, if anything it hardened.

"You're going to eat, Demi. I'm not letting you wither away. You haven't eaten since Tuesday, it's Friday. I'm done walking on egg shells around you" I kept my gaze on his, hoping that he'd eventually cave and leave me alone but with the way he was speaking, it didn't seem like a possible solution. "Are you going to eat or am I going to have to force feed you?" he held the Starbucks bag out towards me. I was the one who caved, taking the bag from him. He leant in to kiss me but I turned my head so he kissed my cheek instead. "Demi, don't shut me out" I ripped off a bit of bagel and dropped it into my mouth, slowly chewing on it. "Talk to me, Baby. What's going through this head of yours?" he combed a strand of hair behind my ear. I kept my eyes down on the bagel that I was forcing myself to eat. It wasn't until I swallowed that I realised how hungry I was. "Losing Iona was hard on both of us, Demi. You don't think it hurts me too, to think that it's nearly been a year?" I bit down on my lip. Maybe I should talk to him. He's my husband, he isn't just some random stranger. "Demi?" my chin slowly began to quiver, tears welling up in my eyes. "Baby" he sat up and wrapped his arms around me. I nuzzled my face into his neck and finally began to cry. I finally allowed myself to release my emotions. He combed his fingers soothingly through my hair. "You're okay, Angel" I released a breath as I wrapped my arm around his neck and began to play with his curls. He pressed a gentle kiss to my neck.

"I'm sorry" he ran his hand down my spine. "I just..." I pulled myself away from his grip and sniffled, wiping at my cheeks. "What if we can't have another baby, O? What if Iona was our only chance?" he shook his head as he caressed my face, lightly wiping the tears from my cheeks.

"No matter how our children come to us, I will love them. Whether that be by adoption or naturally" he leant to peck my lips and for the first time in days I let him. "How about we give it a couple months and if it doesn't happen naturally, we contact Dr Jones and make an appointment to check everything over?" I nodded, biting down on my lip.

"That's why I married you."

"For the brains?" I rolled my eyes, lightly laughing at his smirk. "It's good to hear you laugh" he gently caressed the side of my face as I softly smiled at him.

"You should have forced me to speak days ago" he placed his hand on the back of my head and leant to kiss me. "My hero" he pressed his forehead to mine as I played with his curls.

——