Nineteen

Demi

"Take a break" I released a breath as I lowered the mic down onto the stand. "Back here in 10" I began off the stage and headed straight towards my dressing room, the smile on my face widened as I lowered myself down onto the couch beside Odell. He pressed a kiss to the top of my head as he draped his arm around me, his fingers delicately caressing my back.

"You did good, Angel" I lightly smiled against his side. "You amaze me so much" my cheeks suddenly began to burn.

"I don't think I'll survive until midnight. I'm so tired" he gently laughed as he continued to caress my back.

"Maybe you shouldn't have stayed up until 4 this morning" even without looking at him, I could tell he was smirking.

"I couldn't sleep, O. You're not a woman, you don't understand" he chuckled as he pressed another kiss to the top of my head. "Period cramps suck" I moved myself on the couch, lowering my head onto Odell's lap as I rolled onto my back. "I did manage to write an entire song though. It may make it on D7 even though I don't even know when that'll happen" I allowed my eyes to close as Odell lightly combed his fingers through my hair, his other hand resting on my stomach.

"You only have a 10 minute break, Baby" he chuckled as my lips formed into a pout. He leant down to kiss it which made me smile. "I love you" I nodded as I forced my eyes open.

"I love you too, Handsome" I caressed the side of his face as he kissed me again. He slid his hand along my side and under my shirt so he could lightly caress my waist. "Why did I say yes to this performance? I just wanna be curled up in bed with you to snuggle" Odell pressed a kiss to the top of my head.

"You didn't, Baby. Phil said yes for you. Did he even ask you if you wanted to do it?" I rolled my eyes at his reply. Odell doesn't like Phil and he makes it obvious.

"For the last time, he's my manager, Odell" I pushed myself to sit. "He chooses things that are good for my career. He does what he thinks is best for me" I then glanced over to Odell who sighed as he reached out to stroke a strand of hair behind my ear. "You really need to stop hating him for no reason, O. You hardly even talk to him. You ignored him at the Christmas party. I don't know whether it's obvious to him but it's definitely obvious to me that you don't like him."

"I don't like the way that he treats you, Demi. It's obvious that he's using you for his own gain. He doesn't care about you. I think he profits off your misery. He made you perform after your mimaw died. Any decent person wouldn't make you do that" I shook my head as I pushed myself to stand.

"I'm not listening to this."

"Demi" I rolled my eyes as I turned to stare at him.

"He's my manager, Odell."

"Is that your only reason to defend him?" I bit down on my lip as I glanced down at the floor. "Demi, he treats you like shit. I've kept my mouth shut for the last year but if things don't change, then I will say something to him" I shook my head as I glanced up to meet his gaze.

"You won't say anything, Odell. Promise me that you won't say anything" he kept his eyes locked with mine.

"I can't promise you anything" I released a breath but before I had the chance to say anything back, I was called back to the stage. "Demi" I ignored him as I left the dressing room and headed back to the stage to continue soundcheck.

Liked by matthew_scott_montgomery, jillpowellglam and 3,915,427 othersddlovato Happy New Year #2018 🥳View all 1,926,462 commentsobj MINE 😻🔥iamkittens Hot Bitch 🥵

ddlovato Happy New Year #2018 🥳
View all 1,926,462 comments
obj MINE 😻🔥
iamkittens Hot Bitch 🥵

-

My smile was enormous as I skipped off the stage. Performing always gives me such a rush. Everything else is forgotten when I'm on stage. It's my happy place. It wasn't until my eyes landed on Odell that my smile slowly started to fade and the memories of our disagreement earlier flooded my brain. How can I get Odell to get over his hatred for Phil? I bit down on my lip, forcing the smile to stay on my face as I was congratulated by my team. I haven't spoke with Odell since our little disagreement. My heart hammered against my chest as he slowly walked towards me. I felt a little sick to my stomach. I couldn't read his expression. Is he still mad at me?

"Happy new year" I nodded, swallowing over the lump in my throat. He slid his hand along my waist and pulled me into him, his hand moving to settle on my ass. Tears burnt at the back of my eyes as he leant to kiss me. "I won't say anything" I pulled away from him, my lips twitched into a light smile. "I promise" I nodded as I combed a strand of hair behind my ear. "And you did amazing out there. I'm proud of you."

"The-The kiss was a dare, by the way. Jojo's boyfriend asked me to do it" he shook his head as he lightly laughed, his hand gave my ass a gentle squeeze.

"I have to admit that I found it kinda hot" I rolled my eyes as he smirked. "Seriously though, I don't care. As long as I'm the only one who gets to kiss you for the rest of 2018" I lightly giggled as I nodded, leaning up to press my lips back to his.

"That is a promise I will make" he smiled against my lips.

Liked by iamkittens, joejonas and 2,815,726 othersddlovato First Kiss of 2018 💋 Sorry @obj I love YOU ❤️View all 1,625,341 commentsobj Second kiss of 2018 🙌🏼😂      ddlovato Fucking love you 😅❤️jojogomez 🥵😂

ddlovato First Kiss of 2018 💋 Sorry @obj I love YOU ❤️
View all 1,625,341 comments
obj Second kiss of 2018 🙌🏼😂
      ddlovato Fucking love you 😅❤️
jojogomez 🥵😂

——