Six

Demi

ddlovato instastory

"Everyone give a warm welcome to Demi Lovato" I stepped out onto the set, waving at the audience who were screaming

"Everyone give a warm welcome to Demi Lovato" I stepped out onto the set, waving at the audience who were screaming. I lightly laughed as I stepped up to Ellen and allowed her to pull me into a tight hug. "Hi Honey" I smiled widely as I pulled away, sinking down onto the couch opposite her.

"Hi Ellen" I waved once again at the audience, their screams just seemed to louden.

"It's so lovely to have you here. I always enjoy your company."

"You know I love you, Ellen" she flashed me a wide smile.

"So, there's a lot of noise around you at the moment" my cheeks suddenly began to heat up. "You were spotted out on a date last week with Los Angeles Rams wide receiver, Odell Beckham Jr" I couldn't stop my smile from widening as a candid of Odell and I came up on the screen behind us. It was from our first public appearance last week. I bit down on my lip, my cheeks continuing to burn as the audience cheered. "There's a rumour going around that this wasn't actually your first date" I just nervously laughed.

"It may not have been, you may never know."

"Have you been together for awhile?" I shrugged as I felt my cheeks heat up, taking a glance at the photo. "You're very cute together" I glanced back at her and nodded, laughing as I took a glance at the audience who cheered again.

"Thank you" I glanced down at my hand, glancing briefly at my bare ring finger. We've made the decision not to announce the engagement just yet. We want to ease ourselves into the world knowing about us.

"So, it was recently your birthday. You turned 25, am I right?" I glanced up at her and nodded. "And for your birthday, you received an adorable little puppy who you've named Batman?" my lips twitched into a wider smile as the photo of Batman I posted to Instagram on my birthday came up on the screen. A collective aww came from the audience.

"Yes, I did. He's my baby."

"Can I assume he was a birthday present from Odell?"

"Ellen" she lightly laughed as my cheeks reddened and my lips twitched into a sort of smirk. "He was a birthday present. One of the best" she thankfully dropped the topic.

"You have a new album coming out in November?"

"We don't have a set date yet but November, yeah."

"Does the new album have a title?"

"Nope and it isn't entirely finished yet either."

"Well I'm sure it's going to be incredible once it's finished. All of your albums have been amazing. You have the best vocals of this generation" my smile widened. "I can't wait to hear it."

"Thank you."

"So, before we say goodbye, we're going to play a quick game" I bit down on my lip as she began to reel off the rules. It was basically a this or that sort of game with a few twists. It was a good laugh. "Stick around because after the break we have the star of the latest blockbuster and Demi Lovato will be performing her incredible new single, Sorry Not Sorry."

-

O❤️: I'm gonna be late home baby. Got a meeting 🙄

I released a sigh as I dropped down onto the couch.

"No point in making dinner then, huh, Batman?" I laughed as he tried to jump up onto the couch but because he's so tiny, he just fell backwards. I lifted him up onto the couch and smiled as he climbed onto my lap and he curled up in a ball.

Me: That's okay. I'm not going anywhere 😂

I combed my fingers through Batman's fur as I reached for the tv remote. I switched it on, flicking through the channels until I found something of interest to watch.

I hadn't even realised that I'd fallen to sleep until I woke to lips pressing kisses all over my face. A gentle laugh filled the room as my face scrunched up.

"Hi Sleeping Beauty" Odell just laughed louder as I hit him on the chest, forcing my eyes open. I glanced over to the window to find that it was now dark outside. "I've brought home Chinese" I pushed myself up on the couch and tiredly smiled at the takeout boxes on the coffee table.

"Mmm, you're the best" he chuckled as he leant to kiss my cheek. I rubbed at my eyes as I reached for a plate. "What time even is it?" I questioned as I began to load my plate.

"It's just gone 8."

"What was the meeting about?" Batman sat at my feet, staring up at me as I began to eat.

"Us" my eyebrows scrunched together as I glanced to him.

"What about us?"

"It's nothing to worry about. I handled it."

"Odell?" he released a sigh as he noticed my raised eyebrows and the worried gleam in my eyes. It was obvious to him that I wouldn't drop it without an explanation.

"They wanted to know if we were serious. They were talking shit about how they didn't want this to effect my performance" I nodded as I glanced down at my food, suddenly not feeling so hungry anymore. "They didn't know that we were dating last season. They thought this was a new thing. You don't affect my performance, Demi" I bit down on my lip, refusing to glance up from my plate. "Demi?" Odell lightly took a hold of my chin and turned me to face him.

"So, they don't like me, huh?"

"It isn't that, Baby" I refused to meet his gaze. "Demi, you're the best thing that's ever happened to me. I'm not going to let anyone ruin this. I promise you" he leant in to peck my lips which made me smile just slightly. "Did Ellen grill you?" I lightly laughed as I nodded, glancing back down at my plate.

"She did. I didn't tell her much though. I think people are starting to question whether it was actually our first date."

"It was our first public date" I flashed him a light smile. "I love you, Dem" the smile on my face widened. "I don't want you to ever think that I don't. You're my person, I swear" he lightly stroked a strand of hair behind my ear.

"I love you too. But god you can be so cheesy" my lips twitched into a smirk as he rolled his eyes and he gently nudged me in the side. "I promise I won't ever think you don't love me. As long as you promise me the same" he nodded as he leant to kiss my cheek, the touch made me tingle.

——