Thirty Nine

Demi

I lightly smiled as I stepped into the kitchen and found Odell stood at the stove, wearing just a pair of boxer briefs. I quietly stepped up to him, biting down on my lip and lightly laughing as he jumped at my touch. I pressed a soft kiss to his bicep as I continued to delicately caress his lower back.

"Morning Angel."

"Right now I wish we didn't have to wait another 2 weeks" he gently laughed as he turned to face me, combing his fingers gently through my hair. I leant up to peck his lips.

"And whether you stop bleeding or not, we're waiting those 2 weeks" I rolled my eyes as I pulled away from him. "They said it can cause an infection, I'm not willing to risk it" he shivered as my fingertips caressed his abs. "Stop" I giggled as he wrapped his hand around my wrist and he moved it away. He leant down to quickly kiss me and then went back to making our breakfast. I smiled as Batman pawed at my leg.

"Hi Baby" I gave him a quick scratch as I bent down to him. "Have you had your breakfast?" I glanced up at Odell who just nodded. He then ran off towards the backdoor and he began to gently bark. "I can't just let you out, Baby" I grabbed his leash and clipped it on. I stepped out onto the patio and then down onto the grass. I walked around with him until he finished his business. He ran off into the living room as I unclipped his leash and hung it back up. I glanced over to Odell as he spoke.

"Breakfast's finished, Baby" I lightly smiled as I stepped up to Odell who had already plated it up. I took a seat at the table, looking out the window and out onto the lake. Odell took a seat on the chair beside me, his hand resting on my thigh.

We ate breakfast in a comfortable silence, Odell's thumb caressing my thigh the entire time. Odell and I washed up afterwards and then we headed up to quickly shower. The hot water pelting down on my skin was soothing.

"You done yet, Baby?"

"Nearly" I replied, quickly rinsing the shampoo from my hair. I glanced back over my shoulder as I heard the door open. I rolled my eyes at Odell's light smirk. "Now you're just teasing me, Odell" he laughed as I turned back to the shower. I jumped as his hands slid along my waist. "Fuck, you're cold" I pushed myself further under the shower as Odell leant to softly kiss my shoulder. "I love you" his lips twitched into a smile against my skin as he nodded.

"Mmm, I love you too" I slowly turned to face him.

"You can have the shower" he softly pecked my lips and then I slid past him. I wrapped the soft towel around my body. "What are the plans for today, Babe?"

"I was thinking we could go for a walk round the lake" I reached for my toothbrush. "We can take a trip to the grocery store too, to grab some more essentials. We're running low on a couple things" I glanced to him as the door to the shower slid open and he held out a bottle of shampoo. I softly laughed as I reached to grab it, instantly finding it empty.

"A trip to the grocery store does sound like a good idea" I dropped the empty bottle into the trash as Odell laughed.

-

"I actually forgot about how much I love it here" my head rest on Odell's shoulder as we sat on the back patio of the lake house, staring out at the lake. "It's so peaceful."

"You know I'm gonna have to start training next week" Odell's fingers lightly caressed my side

"You know I'm gonna have to start training next week" Odell's fingers lightly caressed my side. "We can stay here for as long as you want, Demi, but I will have to leave for training and games and shit" I nodded against his side, a lump forming in my throat but I know it's inevitable. He has to work still.

"I know. I'll be fine while you're gone. I'll just miss you" I began to trace patterns on his chest. "I'm sure I can think of ways to keep myself entertained whilst you're away" my lips twitched into a smirk as he groaned. I glanced up at him, my lips twitching into a wide smile.

"No" I giggled as I leant up to kiss him.

"You wouldn't even know" he rolled his eyes as I pulled away. I released a breath, glancing back out at the lake. "When I was pregnant, I imagined us coming on vacation here" I swallowed hard to try and push back the tears that suddenly forced their way forward. "I feel like Iona would have loved it here. You could have taught her how to canoe because I'm terrible at it" he gently laughed as he combed a strand of hair behind my ear. "We could have made so many memories, coming here whenever we had a break."

"My dad taught me so much here" I glanced to him, my vision blurred slightly. "I had some amazing vacations here" I began to lightly caress the side of his face. "How about we come here every couple of months for a week or so? We can continue that on even when we have more children" my lips twitched into a smile as I nodded. I moved to straddle him.

"I'd love that and I love you too" I pressed a soft peck to his lips. "Thank you for being my rock. I can't wait to marry you. We're gonna be good together" his lips twitched at the corners as he nodded, lightly caressing my jaw.

"We're good together already, Angel" I leant to kiss him again and then I cuddled myself into his chest. I released a breath as I just took in the quiet, listening to his heart as it beat softly against his chest. Laying here with him made me realise that I'll be okay. As long as I have Odell, I'll be okay.

——