Chapter 14

~Esther~

Ash shut the door to his house after I walked in. Grabbing me, he pinned me against it and started kissing my neck as my back hit the hard door. After lightly sucking on my neck, definitely leaving hickies, he trailed kisses up my jaw and before I could protest, he crashed his lips onto mine. Butterflies erupted in my stomach, as if they hadn't been there since he started touching me.

My hands ran up and down his arms as if they had a mind of their own. I moved my hands into his hair and he slid his tongue across my bottom lip, asking for entrance but before he could go any further, I reluctantly pulled away. "Ash." I almost whispered, already breathless from the kiss.

"Mhm." He mumbled against my lips, waiting for me to say what I wanted to before he kissed me again.

"What if your dad sees us? Plus I'm a little cold from the rain, can we go to your room?" As much as Ash was warming me up with his body pressed against mine, the rain was freezing and the only thing that would fully warm me up was a shower.

Ash nodded and grabbed my hand, taking me to his room. He turned to me as we entered his room. "I'll get you some warm clothes while you take a shower, darling."

"Thanks, Ash." I kissed him once more and pulled away before he could deepen the kiss. "I'll try to be quick." I walked into the bathroom and found a towel and hung it up on the towel bar near the shower so I could easily grab it when I got out.

I turned on the hot water and let it warm up while I undressed and threw my clothes into the corner. Stepping in, I softly sighed at the warmth. I ran my fingers through my hair as I stood in the shower, warming up while I tried not to let the water hit the bruise on my stomach. It didn't look too bad but it hurts if the water hits it.

After a few minutes I got out of the shower and wrapped myself in the towel I had hung up before I got in. I walked to the bathroom door and cracked it open. "Ash?"

"Yes, darling?" Ash answered from his bed.

"Could you bring me some clothes, please?"

Before he even had time to answer he was suddenly in front of me with a pair of his sweatpants and one of his sweatshirts. "Thanks." I grabbed them and stepped back into the bathroom, shutting the door behind me. I looked through the clothes and realized my bra and underwear were still wet and I wouldn't be able to wear them without the water soaking through Ash's clothes. Well, it looks like I'm going commando for now.

I quickly slipped on Ash's sweats and walked out of the bathroom. Ash was laying on his bed looking at something on his phone. I jumped onto the bed next to him and laid down, resting my head on his chest. "Whatcha looking at?"

Ash smiled and showed me his phone. It was a picture of me I hadn't realized he took. I was asleep in his bed with one of his hoodies on, it looked like I was drowning in it. His big grey comforter was bundled up in my arms like I was cuddling it. "I'm trying to decide which picture to make my wallpaper."

Ash swiped left and there was another picture of me. This time it was in his kitchen. I remember that one, it was the day he made me chocolate pancakes. He had to go to his room to get something so I took over the cooking while he was gone. Ash must've taken this photo before I realized he had come back. My back was facing the camera and it looked like I was flipping the pancake.

I took the phone from Ash and swiped left again. The next picture was of me sleeping again but this time we were in his office and my head was laying on his chest. We were laying on his couch and I had fallen asleep that day. Then again, I fall asleep almost every time I lay with Ash so this was nothing new. What can I say, he makes me feel safe.