chapter ten

I let my whole body fall onto my bed. I'm tired. Totally exhausted. My whole day has been filled by happy laughing relatives, who all came to our house to celebrate the birth of a kid, whose mom said she was a virgin. I had to be with my young cousins for half of the day, playing with them so my parents, aunts and uncles could all get a break and drink. I immediately changed after I came home from Clay to greet our guests and haven't showered or looked at my phone for the whole day... which reminds me...

I groan as I turn my body over on the bed to connect my phone to the charger. It takes some time to turn on as it has been dead for the whole day, but I just close my eyes until I hear the messages roll in. I could actually immediately fall asleep and just dream (knowing exactly which scenario I would use today to drift into sleep), but I still pick up my phone and enter my code.

My eyes almost naturally ignore all the Christmas messages from friends and others to instantly skip to the one person they have been looking for.

'hi'

It's simple, but it makes me smile. He wrote me.

Oh seriously?! That makes you smile?! You...

He actually wrote me only two hours after I left his house this morning. Oh... and he wrote me more.

'thanks for the present'

'can I open it?'

'well probably or you wouldn't have given it to me'

I giggle as I keep reading. The next messages are only sent half an hour later than the ones before.

'I'll open it, k?'

'O'

'M'

'G'

'You bought me peanuts!'

'HJEKEVKDJDJ'

'I haven't had peanuts in like ages'

'Only peanut butter'

'Omg, these are even the ones we ate one year ago on our midnight walk'

'ah, and I guess thanks for the snow globe'

'pretty cool'

I snort at Clay's messages. He actually remembered the snack we ate. Cute.

I look at the last message he sent me. It has only been sent one hour ago. And it's already eleven p.m.

'text me when u got time'

I smile at my phone and tug my blanked close to my face as I start clicking the letters on my screen.

'I spent two hours searching for a good present for you and you appreciate the fricking peanuts more'

'fucking peanuts'

It actually took Clay only ten seconds to go online. And only a few more to respond.

'just... let me be happy'

'happy with my penis'

'peanuts*'

'fuck'

'fucking autocorrect'

I almost scream, laughing at my phone as I read Clay's messages.

'sure'

'be happy with your penis'

'I would be happy if I could piss while standing'

'the envy is just enormous'