chapter four

I feel like I should have probably not talked to Clay about my virginity a few days ago. It would have saved me the conversation that he and Kara have right now.

"And I fucking told her that she could fuck with probably anyone!", Clay shouts from the back seat.

I fucking hate my life.

"Yeah well, she probably knows that. She's just stupid." Kara's head is turned to face Clay.

I'm driving, so at least I don't have to face either of them.

"But you think I'm right, too, right?", Clay asks – really invested in that conversation with Kara about my sex life. My non-existent one.

That has been going on for the last half hour, we've been sitting in this car.

We had a lovely trip to the beach today. We exchanged what kind of happened in our lives the last past months – Kara and Clay knowing a lot more of each other than I did. Probably because I've been so far away at college. But still... I feel bad that I don't seem to know them the way I once did.

Clay hit another milestone on Youtube and Kara has been the best student in her year. They both are doing awesome. And I am proud, really. But I hate the fact that I don't have really anything to offer. I'm not bad at what I'm doing – but I'm not the best at it. And I'm not better than both of them.

I should really find new friends I can be better as. That would be way more fun.

Still, I sit with them both here – on our way back home. We kind of took the whole day for just chilling and talking and everything, so it's already getting darker with the minute.

Kara drove the way to the beach but insisted that she doesn't have the power anymore to drive back home. Clay offered, but Kara and I both decided, that we preferred to not die. Clay drives... fast. Even though I don't know Kara's car and we both know I'm a terrible driver, we agreed on me being the better chance for survival.

So I took over the wheel. In the beginning it was all good. Until Clay brought up his probably favorite topic.

"Yeah, of course I do. She could have done it at least with Isaac last summer, where...", Kara almost screeches.

"Okay, shut UP!", I shout. Almost kind of too loud. That's enough information... for anyone.

I look to my side, where Kara just flipped her hair to face me. She's smirking.

"Wait... Isaac?" I cringe as I hear that interested sound from the backseat. Oh I fucking hate it here.

If I don't answer it will be forgotten, right?

"Fucking ISAAC?!"

I roll my eyes, knowing I can't avoid that topic, now that Kara brought it up.

I look into the mirror, seeing Clay look at me with a grinning face.

I press my palms into the driving wheel as I start to speak. "Yeah", I say. "What about it?"

"What happened there?" I can hear the smirk on Clay's face.

"Well, we obviously didn't fuck...", I explain. "We just hooked up and that was it."

"THAT WAS IT?!", Kara screeches – me almost getting off the road.

She doesn't bother and keeps on speaking. "Jeez you were about to suck him off when his girlfriend interfered."

"WHAT?", Clay screams. "W-Wait why didn't I know about this?! You almost sucked a guy off who had a fucking girlfriend?!"