Chapter 14

I woke up with a pounding headache and a burning ankle. “Ugh...ow…” I sat up slowly and held my head. I looked down at my ankle and it was bandaged up. I looked around and realized that I had been caught. 
But this room wasn’t like mine. It was covered in the color green. “I think she’s awake.” I heard someone say on the other side of the door. I looked over and saw the doorknob turning. I flopped down and pretended to still be asleep. “You sure you heard her? Because it looks like she’s still asleep.” I heard Sapnap point out. “You’ve come to check on her at least twenty times in the past hour. Chill out, she'll be fine.” 

“No, she's awake. I heard her. Get up Y/n.” I felt a hand on my shoulder. ‘No no no. What about Kanako!? Is she ok!? Did she get home safe?’ I was forced to sit up. I narrowed my eyes at them. “Fine. You were right, I was awake.” “See, I told you guys.” The other two just rolled their eyes. “We told you two to stay put.” I shrugged my shoulders. “Kanako got away, that's all I care about.” He glared at me. “Well then. George, Sapnap, leave. I need to talk to her.” They nodded and left the room. He turned to look at me and handed me a healing pot. I just stared at him, not saying a word. “You will have one more chance.” I rolled my eyes. “As if I care? I’m not just gonna sit here and do nothing. That’s not how I work.” He ignored me and continued talking. “If you do this again and get caught you will no longer be able to stay in your room or be alone.” 

I got bored and tuned Dream out as he lectured me, and eventually started thinking about T/N. ‘I wonder what day it is. It should be relatively close to our birthday…’ I started looking around for a calendar or anything that could tell me what day it was. ‘This year will be the 4th year since I ran away and lost him… T/N I miss you so much…’ I was mentally fighting back tears. “Hey! Are you even listening to me!? What are you looking for?” Dream’s voice snapped me out of my thoughts. “What day is it?” “It’s August 19th, why?” ‘It was today that the disaster happened… Today is our birthday…’ I looked down at the blankets as the memory of that day flashed through my mind. 

“Y/n? Are you okay?” I remembered Dream was still there as I looked up and placed a fake playful smile on my face. “Awww! Is the all powerful Dream going soft on me?” He scoffed and rolled his eyes. “I am not.” “Yes you are.” We went back and forth like that for a few minutes before he groaned and walked out the door. I stopped smiling almost immediately. “I miss you T/N… So much…” I whispered under my breath, forcing myself not to cry. “It should’ve been me… I'm sorry...” My voice was starting to break as tears started blurring my vision. I covered my face with my hands as I started crying, trying to be as silent as possible. 

Of course, Dream had to walk in. I looked up, then back down, covering my face quickly as I heard him shut the door behind him. “I knew something was wrong.” I felt the bed dip down and his arms wrap around me. I moved so that I was hiding my face in his chest and my arms were around my legs, pulling them to my chest. He ran his free hand through my hair. “What's wrong?” He asked me. ‘What's wrong!? Is he kidding me? I think one of the reasons is pretty obvious - he literally has me locked in his house - yet he’s asking me what's wrong. Like seriously, does he not understand that people don't like it when you capture them?’ I thought to myself. Then Dream said, “It’s fine if you don’t want to tell me. Also, Kanako is safe. We followed her to make sure.” I let out a shaky sigh. Despite my sadness, I was relieved that Kanako made it home. Even if it was without me.

“Everything is wrong. But I don't wanna talk about it.” I managed to say quietly. He seemed to understand and left it alone, silently comforting me.  All of the emotions I had been bottling up inside came pouring out of me as I sobbed into the shoulder of the man holding me captive. Eventually my tears subsided and I slowly drifted off to sleep…

I was running through the forest as fast as I could so I could get as far away from the kingdom as possible. After a while I slowed down to catch my breath. I pulled the hood of my cloak down as it was now nighttime and I was hidden by the blanket of darkness. I sat down, leaning against a tree. “⋔⏃⊬ ⏁⊑⟒ ☌⍜⎅ ⍜⎎ ⏁⊑⟒⌇⟒ ⌰⏃⋏⎅⌇ ⌿⍀⍜⏁⟒☊⏁ ⋔⟒ ⏃⋏⎅ ⋔⊬ ⏁⍙⟟⋏.” (May the god of these lands protect me and my twin) I prayed in my head. I sighed and got up after a while. ‘I should get past the border before they come looking for me again…’ I left the hood of my cloak down and started walking towards the border that separated my kingdom from the lands of the SMP. 

Once I got there I saw beautiful hills and plains, it had no roads or city or castles. There were some houses on the horizon but other than that it looked completely untouched by mankind. A small smile appeared on my face. ‘This is my new home.’ Then I got an idea. I walked a little ways back to my side of the border and made a carving on a stone that sat next to each other. On one I wrote, ‘Here is Queen M/N and King F/N’s grave. Beloved mother and father of Y/n’ And I found another one on a hill and I did the same, ‘Here is Prince T/N. Beloved brother and son, twin of Y/n.’ I smiled softly and waved them goodbye as though they were there. After that I put my hood back on and left the safety of the forest and entered the SMP lands…

(End of dream/memory)