Chapter 30

“I’m back!” I yelled as I teleported to the bottom of the stairs. 
“Great! Now go make that into tnt.” I huffed as I walked to the closest crafting table and made about a stack and a half of tnt. Wilbur then told me to follow him so he could show me where to put it. He took me to a statue made of stone bricks. It had moss and cracks in it. He broke to block and walked in, gesturing for me to follow. When I did I saw that it was almost covered in tnt. 
“Go ahead and build it up to the roof. You should have enough. The festival is tomorrow, you and Techno will attend it and we will take care of the rest. Tubbo will also be there, as he is Schlatt’s right hand man.” Then he left. Once I finished placing the tnt on the wall I went back to the ravine by teleportation.

“Done.” My voice rang out through the ravine. No one answered so I assumed everyone was asleep, seeing that it was almost midnight now. I decided to get some food and stand watch to make sure no one sneaks in. While I was making food I felt a hand on my arm. 
“Why aren’t you asleep?” 
“I could ask you the same question, Techno.” He chuckled as I took a bite of my food. 
“You haven’t changed a bit huh?” “
What do you mean by that?” 
“Still as feisty and stubborn as ever.” 
“Hey!” He laughed again. 
“Is THE Technoblade laughing at something I said?” I teased as he punched my shoulder, playfully. I leaned back onto the counter, forgetting about the injury on my back and immediately felt the searing pain shoot through my back. 

I groaned in pain immediately and stood up straight. 
“That’s what you get for not letting it heal correctly.” I stuck my tongue out at him and turned my head to the side. 
“There’s the Y/n I know.” He said, taking a step towards me, chuckling. 
“Shut up. I’m going to go stand watch outside now, jerk.” 
“No, you need to get rest-” I was already out the door before he finished his sentence. I heard a huff and then he followed me. Once when we got outside I looked up and saw how beautiful the stars were tonight. 
“I thought we were here to stand guard. Not stargaze.” 
“Shut up, jerk.” I sat down near the entrance and he followed suit. 

After a few minutes passed, it got colder and started shivering while Techno was having no issues whatsoever. 
“Cold?” 
“No. I’m fine.” I felt him shift beside me and then he wrapped his cape around me. 
“Why?” 
“Cause your cold.” 
“Awww, getting soft on me?” 
“I will take it back.” I laughed as my eyelids started to get heavier as I leaned against him and fell asleep. I woke up in my bed with his cape still draped over me. I rubbed my eyes and sat up as my door swung open. 
“Come on, get up, you and Techno have a festival to attend soon, so get ready.” Wilbur commanded and then left, closing the door behind him. I yawned and stood up. I grabbed some clothes from my bag and my hair brush. I changed and brushed my hair quickly before grabbing his cape and leaving my room. 

“Someones finally awake.” 
“Oh shut up and take your cape thingy.” I threw it at him as he rolled his eyes, chuckling. 
“We better get going. Tubbo went home last night so we don’t need to worry about him.” We walked outside and he helped me onto one of the horses that were hidden and then he got on his own. When we got to Manberg we were greeted by Schlatt, Quackity, and Tubbo. 
“Ah! There you two are! I was starting to think you wouldn’t show up!” Schlatt said, opening his arm towards me and hugging me. 
“Yeah, well if I can ever see my home again I’m gonna do it.” He bellowed in response. Like he didn’t assault me, like he didn’t torture me, like he didn’t kill MY OWN KID IN FRONT OF ME, like he didn’t turn one of the first people I truly loved, against me. 

As he walked away and into the crowd of people who were enjoying the festival, Techno put a hand on my shoulder in reassurance. “Don’t worry he’ll be gone soon enough Y/n.”
I nodded and we walked in after Quackity and Tubbo. When we did we saw how everything was decorated and then someone caught my eye, well two things caught my eye. Dream, who was talking to Schlatt and Quackity, and Tommy and Wilbur, who were watching from a tower , being careful as to not be spotted by the guards, Schlatt or anyone else. 
“If you keep starin’ you're gonna give them away.” 
“Whatever Techno.” 
“Why don’t you go look around or something. Just stay out of trouble please.” I nodded and walked away. I quickly spotted Karl, who was now talking with Sapnap and Quackity. 

I tiptoed behind Karl and yelled, 
“BOO!” He jumped and turned around as Sapnap and Quackity laughed. 
“Jesus christ Y/n! You scared the crap out of me!” I giggled and hugged him tight. 
“That was the point dumbass, it's been too long since I’ve seen you!” He hugged me back, just as hard. 
“I’ve missed you too! How have you been!? Sapnap told us that you didn’t go back to their house 2 nights ago and Dream won’t say anything.” 
“We had a slight argument, that's all. I’ve been staying with Wilbur and Tommy for now.” 
“But didn’t wilbur-” 
“Hush Sap. It’ll be fine for now, he hasn’t tried anything and to be completely honest I think he’s too scared to try.” I laughed. 
“Good.” I heard Quackity remark. 
“Everybody gather round! Gather around!” We heard Schlatt say into the microphone. Quackity quickly ran over to the stage and stood on the left side of Schlatt while Tubbo was on the right of him. 

Word Count: 1025