Chapter 20

(TW: Sensitive Content please proceed with caution)

He slammed me back into the wall and covered my mouth as I tried to scream for help. “No one’s gonna hear you doll.” Tears pricked the edge of my eyes as I felt his free hand run up and down my body. I started struggling to move and his grip got worse. I could feel a bruise forming around my mouth. He grabbed something that looked like a bottle. It was a potion of weakness. He forced me to drink it and my body felt weak. ‘Someone please… Help me…’ Tears rolled down my cheek as he bit my neck leaving marks everywhere.

I weakly tried to shove him off. The potions effects weren’t going to wear off anytime soon. My shirt was already on the ground when he finally moved his hand for a minute. I immediately started screaming. He slapped my face as hard as he could. “Shut up! You’re going to draw attention to us!” “Good! Maybe then-” He smacked me again, causing me to go quiet. Then we heard footsteps. He stood up and got into a defensive stance. “Y/n!” I could barely see since tears were clouding my vision. My skin burned as the tears fell from my face onto my torso. “Schlatt! What did you do!?” It was Dream. He sounded angry. Schlatt laughed. “We were just having some fun, right Doll?” I stayed silent. “Don’t call her that.” Dream hissed walking closer. 

I heard Dream pull out his sword. “Awww. I’m so scared. Please. You won’t hurt me.” “And give me one reason why I shouldn’t.” Schlatt chuckled darkly. “Because if you do.” He pulled me up and held a knife to my throat. “If you do, I’ll take your little lover's life.” Suddenly I felt him release me and I dropped to the ground. “I suggest you leave MY sister alone. Mr.Schlatt.” I heard T/n call out. Schlatt hissed in pain. “By the way, I would leave. That was an instant damage arrow, but I have arrows tipped with lethal poison and unless you want those stuck in your body you should go.” He grunted and left. Dream rushed over to me. I could barely move my arms anymore. “What did he do!?” “Weakness potion.” I muttered. He took off his hoodie and put it on me instead. T/n hugged me tightly. “We were looking for you everywhere Y/n…” He explained. “I’m sorry we didn’t get here sooner.” Dream apologized. 

Dream put me on his back and carried me away. I could finally see. My head was resting on Dream’s shoulder. I saw Sapnap and George rush over. “What happened to her!?” I shook my head. They didn’t press anymore but Sapnap came over and rubbed my back. Karl raced over and gave me a look like he knew what happened. I nodded and he covered his mouth, tears forming in his eyes. Then we heard the results. “Schlatt and Quackity have won the election.” My eyes widened and tears formed in them. 

Then the next thing you know Schlatt says, “As my first decree as L’manberg’s new president is to revoke the citizenship of Wilbur Soot, Tommyinnit, and Y/n L/n.” Everyone around me froze. Then all hell broke loose. Dream handed me to Tommy and Wilbur so he could help hold back the guards that were chasing us, and we started running. Wilbur got shot in the arm as we ran. Fundy had been the one to shoot him. We ran until we came across a ravine. We had lost the guard hours ago. My body was sore and I wanted to go home. I wanted to see my brother. I wanted to see my best friend. I wanted to see Dream. 

I decided to try and get up. I used the wall of stone behind me to support myself. We had a boulder blocking the entrance to the ravine. I pulled myself up, I wobbled a little bit but I got the hang of it. I carefully went down the stairs, still using the wall for support. Once I got to the bottom I saw Tommy. “Y/n! You shouldn’t be up! I made us all some rooms. Me and WIlbur are sharing one and you will get your own.” I nodded and he helped me to my room. The bed in there was uncomfortable. The blanket was thin. Tommy left and I broke down. The tears were burning my face as I tried desperately to wipe them away with the sleeves of Dream’s hoodie.

All I wanted right now was to see him. I wanted to hug him. I wanted to kiss him. I want him with me. But he wasn’t here. I just wanted to go home… I wanted everything to go back to normal. I would rather go back to being a prisoner instead of being here. I pulled the hood over my head and wished that everything was just a dream. That none of this was real. I didn’t even realize I had fallen asleep until I woke up. When I did wake up my face burned a bit from the leftover tears. I wiped the tears away with the sleeve of the hoodie.