V. Camp Half Blood

AN: had to publish another chapter today in honor of everyone who was lost in the battle of Hogwarts. The song above is also in commemoration.

August 12th, 1995

"Don't I get a kiss for luck? It's kind of a tradition

"Don't I get a kiss for luck? It's kind of a tradition."
"Come back alive, Seaweed Brain. Then we'll see."

The world was collapsing, and the only thing that mattered to him was that she was still alive.

"We're staying together," he promised. "You're not getting away from me. Never again."
"As long as we're together."

Percy sat bolt upright in bed and quickly realized he was crying. He felt empty, like half his soul was missing. His heart burned, ached, and he wondered whether his missing half felt the same or whether she slept still, her anger unwavering.

At that moment, Percy knew just how much he needed her. She was his lifeline. It was not to say he was weak, nor dependent on her for survival, but love makes one stronger and right now, they both needed that strength. He could feel that she needed it too.

"As long as we're together."

~•~

The 12th of August had come sooner than expected, and with it the nerve-wracking trial of one Harry James Potter.

Percy had stayed at Grimmauld Place the night before for moral support and was up in the early hours of the morning, long before anyone else was awake. At six-thirty, Molly and Arthur Weasley came downstairs, along with Harry. Sirius followed not long after, still yawning. Percy sat at the end of the table, reading a book on ancient Wizarding architecture that he'd found in the Jackson library and the others circled around, finding seats for breakfast. Harry came and sat beside him. Percy smiled happily and set his book down, turning his full attention to Harry.

"Nervous?" He asked.

Harry swallowed and nodded. He was dressed in a suit, probably borrowed from Sirius or Mr. Weasley, and had a thin layer of sweat on his forehead.

Percy nodded back. "Just tell them the truth. Believe it or not, there are some sensible people out there." Harry nodded with a half-smile.

"Why aren't you coming with me?" The younger Potter asked after a few quiet moments.

Percy sighed and shrugged. "They wouldn't let me. I want to come with you but-"

Harry nodded again and smiled, "It's okay, Perce. I understand."

"I'll see you when you come back, alright? Then we can celebrate a victory with wine and champaign!"

"Percy, I'm not even seventeen yet!" Harry said with a stiff, Hermione-like tone, though his smile told another story.