II. Narcissa's Plight

August 29th, 1997

"Come," Bellatrix spat, jolting Percy from his frantic mind

"Come," Bellatrix spat, jolting Percy from his frantic mind. He could feel his wand shaking in his grip. He had killed before but this was murder.

He followed Bellatrix up the neatly gardened path to the front steps of the picket-fenced house. Inside was silent.

"Sorké!" Bellatrix yelled, blowing the door down. Percy jumped involuntarily. She and Percy entered. "Here, here, Mrs Bones!" Bellatrix called tauntingly. "Come out, come out!"

A movement in the back caught their ears. Bellatrix and Percy raised their wands, only to find Crabbe and Goyle coming through the backdoor. Bellatrix lowered her wand, standing straight. "Sack the house. Find them. They're here."

Percy frowned. "They? I thought—"

"Find them," Bellatrix hissed.

Percy made his way to the stairs, walking up quickly. There were three bedrooms upstairs, as well as a bathroom. One was a guest room, empty of any life. The next was the main bedroom, large and decorated according to Amerlia's salary. It was also empty. The last one made Percy want to throw up all over again. It was a nursery. He stood frozen in the doorway, gawking at the empty room.

"What are you just standing there for?" Bellatrix's shrill shout came from behind him.

He turned. "It's— they have a child—"

Bellatrix rolled her eyes over-dramatically. "What's your point?"

"We can't—"

"Oh for heaven's sake!" Bellatrix pushed past him, slamming him into the door. A squeak emitted from inside. Percy froze. Before him, Bellatrix's angered frown turned into a wide grin. "I see we've found the Bones'."

Crabbed and Goyle entered and before Percy could protest, started ripping the cupboard doors open. When the last one at the end was opened, they came face-to-face with one pale Amelia Bones dressed in her nightgown, as well as her frozen husband whose name Percy did not know. This was not what terrified him. What did was the young child clutched in the husband's arms.

"Hello there!" Bellatrix sang giddily.

Crabbed and Goyle grabbed Amelia and her family from inside the cupboard, throwing them out onto the carpeted floor. The toddler started to cry, babbling and weeping. Percy's heart thudded in his chest. "P-p-please," Amelia begged, "s-spare my husband and my d-daughter. They've done nothing."

Bellatrix laughed icily. "So you do remember me, don't you? You locked me up in Azkaban. You sent me away! You destroyed my life!"

Amelia shook and started to sob. She nodded. "I— I'm— just spare them please! I don't care what happens to me, just don't hurt them!"