VIII. Umbridge

Note: the events of this chapter aren't in the books!
Unedited chapter, but its finally here! :)

September 16th, 1995

Percy's mind had been spinning ever since that meeting at Malfoy Manor

Percy's mind had been spinning ever since that meeting at Malfoy Manor. It hadn't been that long since, but it felt like ages. It seemed to consume his every thought and every decision now. Annabeth had a similar reaction, although hers was much quieter and more thoughtful while Percy tried whatever he could to get his mind off it, going so far as to flying higher than necessary on his broom until the sky turned grey and thundery and Annabeth forced him to come down.

Needless to say, the Jackson Estate was tense.

On this cold and blustery morning, Percy was pacing the living room with Tinky the house-elf watching him with wide eyes.

"Is master Percy alright?"

Percy glanced down at her before proceeding to shake his head, continuing to bite on his nails. "Nope," he said.

"Is there anything Tinky can do to help?"

"Not unless you're powerful enough to hang Dumbledore by his neck."

Tinky snickered softly before silencing herself. "I'm afraid even elf magic is limited, master Percy."

Percy sighed and sat down, holding his head in his hands. His forearm tingled where the Dark Mark would soon be... unable to be removed. That is, if Narcissa succeeded in her plan, and Voldemort did not suspect.

A sudden burst of flames in the fireplace made both Percy and Tinky jump back as Severus Snape escaped the chimney, dust gathering on his cloak.

Percy stood quickly. As much as he loved his godfather, his visits were never fun anymore. "Did Narcissa succeed? Did-"

"It's not about that," Severus answered. "It's Harry."

The young son of Poseidon's frown deepened as his fists clenched at his side. "What happened?"

"He's ill... we think."

"You... think?"

Severus sighed. "Just come with me."

"Tinky... fetch Annabeth."

~•~

They arrived in the Potion's office and quickly left the dungeons, both still dressed in traveling cloaks and hearts beating fast in their ears. Annabeth was coming as soon as she informed Sirius and Remus of what was happening.

They quickly arrived at the Hospital Wing where Ron, Hermione and the other Weasley's were crowded outside, speaking in hushed whispers. Hermione saw them first and, after carefully eyeing Severus, rushed to Percy, speaking quickly.