XX. Return to Godric's Hollow

Last chapter for Order of the Phoenix! Enjoy!

~•~

June 30th, 1996

The news had definitely stirred up some excitement in the Jackson house

The news had definitely stirred up some excitement in the Jackson house. Already, Percy had begun to think of names and Harry was spouting nursery room ideas as Annabeth watched in awe.

For now, only Percy, Annabeth and Harry (and Tinky, of course) knew about the new baby and Annabeth wanted to keep it that way for a while, just to be sure. However, they had one problem: they were Death Eaters.

And so, they had to resort to dire measures.

Hogwarts castle was still when they entered, having walked up from Hogsmeade village. The summer holiday had left the halls empty and classrooms dusty. Even the Professors were gone — all except for McGonagall, which wasn't a surprise. She greeted them with a knowing, albeit suspicious, glance. Percy was sure she knew something about the gods by now, and not only because she was named after one of them.

When her stare finally left their backs, Annabeth sighed worriedly, one hand interlocked with Percy's and the other wrapped protectively around her stomach. "Are you sure this is a good idea?"

"No," Percy admitted, "but what choice do we have?"

They came to a stop before the stone gargoyle. "Summer suckers," Percy muttered. The statue groaned and turned, revealing a pathway to a staircase. Percy entered first, giving his wife one last glance for confirmation.

Albus Dumbledore was sat in his chair in his office, chewing lazily on a sweet of some sort. He watched them over his half-moon spectacles with an odd look in his eyes — as though he had already made his decision about their query.

After pulling out a chair for Annabeth, Percy sat down, the two facing the headmaster. "Dumbledore," Percy said curtly.

"Perseus," he returned. "Annabeth."

"Headmaster," she greeted.

"How is young Mister Potter?" Dumbledore asked for conversation's sake. "It can't be easy dealing with the death of his only remaining family."

Percy clenched his fist under the table as Annabeth replied. "He's doing fine, Headmaster. Progress has been made."

"I'm sure you are both aware that he must soon return to the home of his aunt and uncle."

"Yes, sir," Annabeth said. Then it was quiet.

"You seem troubled, Perseus," Dumbledore stated as he waved his wand, conjuring three cups and a teapot. The enchanted utensil floated over the cups, pouring the ready-made tea.