XIV. The Wedding

~•~

~•~

May 1st, 1996

Despite the news of their future child's destined fate, Percy and Annabeth were joyfully ready to be wed two weeks later

The morning had been chaotic. Annabeth and her intense planning, Percy having woken up late, Draco and Harry arguing from the moment they arrived together through the floo —which was an odd thing to see indeed— and of course Tinky and her over-investment in cooking.

Now, however, as everyone whom Percy and Annabeth cared for gathered under the enchanted tarp on the hill overlooking the Jackson Estate, it all seemed worth it. And not just the chaos of the morning—

Percy had often wondered what his life would have been like if he was normal: if he wasn't a demigod with horrid luck or a wizard with a magnet for trouble; if his mother was alive and his father a part of his life; if he was just a plain muggly-mortal. But standing here, he didn't mind a single bit of it. Staring at Annabeth as she ascended the isle in her wedding dress, stormy eyes glittering with happy tears and the biggest smile on her face, Percy knew he would go through hell all over again for her and for the moments which they spent together.

The tent was decorated with blue, white and green flowers, courtesy of Piper Mclean. Spring ribbons dressed the edges of the tent, billowing gently in the wind. The isle split two columns of chairs; on one side sat their friends from the greek world and on the other, their Wizarding and muggle families, although it was quite empty. On the demigod side in the front row sat Nico Di Angelo and Will Solace, Piper Mclean, Leo Valdez, Hazel Levesque and Frank Zhang and, of course, Tyson and Ella. Others filled up behind them: Clarisse, the Stolls, Rachel, the Kane's, Malcom Pace and many more from camp, even Calypso. On the other sat Severus and Mary, who smiled so brightly it was almost blinding, along with Frederick Chase and his wife and Annabeth's younger twin brothers. Of course Harry and Draco were sat there too, looking a bit too comfortable sitting beside one another. Draco was even smiling! Even the Diggory's, much to Percy's surprise, were sat quietly in the back row, smiling gently at the sight of their late son's best friend finally getting married. Percy only wished Cedric was here to see it too. Chiron was officiating with a beaming grin and Grover stood to Percy's right, sniffing and trying not to sob too loudly in his happiness. Percy concurred.

As the enchanted piano began to play and Annabeth started her walk towards him, Percy was positively sure that nothing could ruin this day. There were no thoughts of evil prophecies or dark wizards, no gods to interfere and no monsters to worry about thanks to very specific protection charms placed upon the estate. Everything was... perfect.