Chapter 40 - I can't see clear no more

‘Love me like you do’ – Ellie Goulding

‘Love Me Harder’ – Ariana Grande feat. The Weekend

I can’t see clear no more

‘I’ll take the pleasure, take it with the pain…’ The music began to swarm throughout the crowd, the bass and drums igniting the crowd. ‘Give me a reason to believe it.’ 

The night a bustle of laughter, bodies crowded and sweating on the dance floor and alcohol flowing freely. Clouds of smoke billowed from groups on the edges of the rooftop, deep in conversation as they filled their lungs with smoke. 

Despite the crowd, the happiness that floated through the laughing silhouettes, Harry and Louis sat motionless. They were locked in their own game of love and war, they danced on the precipice, break or reunite. The problem was, Harry didn’t know what Louis would choose, nor did he know what he deserved. 

‘If you really need me, you’ve got to love me harder,’ the lyrics screamed reality in his face and Harry was blinded by the truth. Harry wished he were dancing, wished he could love Louis as hard as possible, but he was losing himself along the way. He relished in the memories of sleepless nights and endless kisses, before Dakota, before One Direction dominated the world. Fame had a heavy price, had Harry been paying it all along? Was the price his sanity or his love life?

Harry’s green eyes studied Louis’, Harry was reluctant but he broke the silence and his voice trembled. “Say something?”

Louis opened his eyes so slowly that each bated breath Harry took was agonising. Louis’ eyes settled on Harry’s, his grip tightened on the tie around Harry’s neck, rendering Harry motionless and unable to move away. Harry swallowed the lump in his throat, resigned to silence and the possible pain of rejection. The sting of failing, for the millionth time. Falling for Louis, always, Louis.

Harry closed his eyes, uneasy.

Louis pulled the tie, hard and Harry jolted forward. His eyes flew open, Louis’ lips were on his before he could utter a single word. The music from the band swarmed in on them, and filled all the gaps of silence that lingered between them.

’So what do I do if I can’t figure it out?’ Saskia’s husky voice took over the night, the beat thrummed in Harry’s chest as Louis kissed him fervently. Within moments he could not decipher the beat of the bass and the drumming of his heart. He and the music were one, his veins exploded with uncontrollable pleasure and relief.

Louis’ lips were warm, he tasted of wine and cigarettes. One hand gripped the tie, the other in Harry’s hair, his fingers massaged Harry’s scalp and pulled on his brown, messy locks. 

Harry moaned, one hand slid behind Louis’ neck and his tongue lashed against Louis’ firm lips. Harry’s entire body sung, with every touch of Louis’ fingers his body came alive. Louis climbed onto Harry’s lap, his erection pressed tightly through his pants, heat emanated against Harry. 

Louis’ breathed was ragged and unsteady as he rocked his hips back and forth, Harry’s mind emptied. His heart sung, relieved and complete all at once. Harry expected to be punished for his behaviour, not smothered with kisses so hot they were completely inappropriate for a wedding reception. 

The boys’ were doused in shadows and Harry bucked his hips upwards with every move that Louis made against his twitching cock. Harry was hot, Harry was horny and Harry was struggling to keep his moans in check. Louis swayed from side to side, his tongue grazing and licking against Harry’s. Louis hand in Harry’s hair was tight, rough.