Chapter 1 - Leaving you far behind

Buckle up my lovelies. It's a long way up, an even longer way down. If you haven't seen the trailer for Modest Oblivion, then you better. It will blow your mind. Linked in sidebar and on my YouTube channel. XO XO

'Ugly Heart' – GRL

Leaving you far behind

The sun was shining down on the backyard, Zayn was standing at the barbecue and singing loudly as Liam remixed their new single ‘You and I.It was the middle of summer, Jennifer had an oversized pair of sunglasses perched on her nose and peach lipstick on her plump lips. She tapped her foot along, smiling down at Harry and Louis who sat on a checkered picnic blanket with Flynn giggling up at them. 

The air was crisp, Niall sat on a deck chair, watching his friends as they laughed and sung together. Their voices twirled in the air, all in love with the new single and actually excited for them to finally be getting back in the spotlight. Niall just tapped his foot, he said very little. He didn’t sing, he didn’t play the guitar anymore and he didn’t talk about her. Ever. 

In five and a half months, a lot had changed. Flynn was blabbering all the time, he was almost sitting up by himself and Jennifer had regained her pre-baby body. Despite managements protests, she was back representing the boys. The public had no idea that she and Liam had a child, that Liam was even dating anyone and they all wanted it kept that way. 

Harry and Louis were a week away from their dream wedding in France, with close friends and minimal family. No fuss, no drama just the two boys finally saying ‘I do,’ making their love official. They chose France because it was the first place Louis and Harry slept together, it was also the first place Louis told Harry he loved him. So it was special, it was vast and the chances of paparazzi sniffing out a secret wedding were reasonably minimal. Especially because Louis and Harry’s relationship was a conspiracy, everyone talked about it but there was no concrete proof. 

Only fans rambling messages, decoding of tattoos and tweets from the boys, circling photos of Harry and Dakota back when they were dating and theories that Dakota was a beard. They were right, but that certainly wasn’t going to be broadcast anytime soon. Especially with One Direction so close to releasing a new album, going on a new tour and once again taking the world by storm. 

That could all wait, first Louis and Harry had to get married. After everything, there was no more wasting time. Five months was enough, five years was even longer but the longest time they spent apart was when Louis lived in LA. A time no one particularly remembered fondly. 

They had chosen a Chateau des Conde, in the village of Vallery about ninety minutes south of Paris. It was a sleepy town, the village is French country perfection: a sleepy town centre with a church, boulangerie (patisserie), one restaurant, a bar and a post office. Summer vines climb stone walls and window boxes spill with blooms. Louis and Harry travelled there together just after Flynn was three months old. 

The two fell in love with the twelfth century chateau, twenty-two rooms and a salon to hold more guests than the Kardashian’s could even dream of. Harry and Louis remained tight lipped about their romantic wedding. About the climbing vines and endless gardens, about the hefty deposit they had left as they squealed for their dream wedding. 

Management gave their wedding the okay, despite some very uncivilised conversations behind closed doors. One argument that resulted in Jacob Manning wearing a very obvious black eye, courtesy of Louis and his uncontrolled temper. In Louis’ defence, he and Harry had been to hell and back, more than once. They had lost friends, lost themselves and after Dakota, well…they deserved a little happiness.