Chapter 1- Audition

I rolled out of bed. Seriously, an audition at 9am. I looked at my phone. Oh dear, it's already 8am, and the auditions in Birmingham! SHIT! Oh, should I introduce myself? Okay...

Hi! I'm Olivia Wood, I'm 20 and I'm an actress from Sheffield. Although I'm from Sheffield, I don't have the accent. I love Indie music like The Strokes, but I love rock music like Bring Me The Horizon and You Me At Six. I've been looking for a new Indie band, so I've been constantly going to gigs at The Boardwalk in search for an Indie band. I'm actually going to one tonight. The Arctic Monkeys. What an odd name?! I like it!

I threw on my You Me At Six t-shirt, ripped skinny jeans, Doc Martins, Leather jacket and Ray Bans (can't leave without my sunglasses) and got into my car. Sinners Never Sleep (YMA6) was already in the car, so I could just drive off. Why is something in my head saying I shouldn't of had half a bottle of Jack Daniels last night?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I made it there just in time, and ran through to the reception. I straightened my jacket, sorted my sunglasses and walked over to the over-dressed bi- LADY at reception.

"Olivia Wood, for Rock Of Ages" you smiled. Don't make your own jokes! She smiled and nodded. You were about to walk off until she coughed to get your attention. You swiftly took a few steps back and raised one eyebrow.

"Yes?"

"Sunglasses indoors?" she rudely remarked. You smiled,

"Par for the course." you replied smugly and walked off. She huffed, and you chuckled to yourself. You waited until your turn, drinking water to try and get rid of the ever-growing headache that was saying 'Hello' to you.

Finally, they shouted your name and you took your sunglasses off, smiling at the receptionist, and walked into the audition room. I forgot all about your problems and belted out 'More Than Words' whilst using mannerisms to make the floor mine and look less empty. When you finished, I simply said "Thank you" and left Birmingham, hoping I had done enough.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I lit up a cigarette in the car (I know, dirty habit, but it was relaxing) and was excited for the gig tonight, hoping the Arctic... Something's were the new band for me. I was mentally planning my outfit. The Strokes t-shirt, Skater skirt, knee socks, leather jacket, Doc Martins and sunglasses. Yes! I was thankful that I was obssessed with sunglasses, because the overcast weather outside made for a bright white sky.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I pulled my car into the drive and made the long journey to your penthouse apartment. I weren't rich, but I had nice things. I decided to take the stairs, because to be honest, I am quite socially awkward. The gig started at 8pm and it was 6:30pm now, so I went for a quick shower and got changed. I had a cone of chips from the chippy as dinner, and made my way to The Boardwalk. I was walking because I knew I'd have whiskey, and lots of it.

I got to The Boardwalk a little early so I got my whiskey, and got the the front of crowd that was yet to form. I looked round the corner to see the backstage, and saw a young mop-headed lad looking at me. He looked about my age, but I couldn't really tell because his eyes were covered with sunglasses.. wait... THE SAME SUNGLASSES AS ME!?!? I hid your laughter and wondered if he noticed the same thing, or just thought I looked weird, standing at the front, on my own, with sunglasses on, and a glass of whiskey. I heard someone shout 'Alex' and the lad turned around. Alex. I like that name, and my god, he was pretty attractive. I was snapped out of my thoughts as someone walked past me, almost barging into me. I scoffed and tried to look for a setlist. A man called Tom gave me one and smiled, then went backstage. Okay then... So first song:

1) Dance Little Liar

2) My Propeller

3) The Jewellers Hand

4) Pretty Visitors

5) Fire and The Thud

6) Secret Door

7) Crying Lightning

8) Red Right Hand

9) A View From The Afternoon

10) Reckless Serenade

I kept the setlist on me so I knew which songs I liked and disliked so if I brought the album, I'd know. The venue was a little busier now so Tom (?) came onto the stage and introduced them, the Arctic Monkeys.

AN: Hi! First things first, I know Reckless Serenade is from Suck It And See and not Humbug, but the lyrics fit the mood of the next chapter... And...

HI! Most of the information is true about me, apart from:

The Last Name,My job, I don't live in Sheffield (I live in Birminghan :( ) and I'm not 20, I'm 15. BUT! I do love Whiskey, I do love all the bands mentioned, I do want to be an actress for Rock Of Ages and I obviously love the Arctic Monkeys.

Also the backstory for this character is based a lot on me, my attitudes and things that have happened in my life. I will put a footnote in if they are made up!

THANKS FOR READING!!! And if you love Sherlock (BBC) go ahead and check out my other fanfic based on the series XD