Chapter 49 - Confusion

...

Bleugh. I feel dirty and ill, my head is pounding, my throat is dry... I swear... drinking will be the death of me. I slowly blinked my eyes, embracing the darkness, to be soon greeted with the harsh sunlight of LA. I eventually grab my phone and turn the brightness right down. Like, right down. I was scrolling through Twitter until something caught my eye:

Alex Turner, Olivia Turner and Alexa Chung Spotted Together. Threesome, Arguments or Disloyalty. Scroll to read more!

And sure as hell, there was a picture of me and Alex, walking with Alexa. Hmm. I cannot remember getting home last night. I shoved Alex's shoulder, earning a very sulky groan from him. 

"Wake up. Look at this" I mumbled, hurting my own head in the process. He slowly rubbed his eyes and sat up, muttering blasphemes under his breath. He took my phone and furrowed his eyebrows in confusion as he read the article. 

"What the..." He whispered, trailing off as if he was scanning his brains for answers. We both looked at each other with puzzled looks plastered across our faces. I sighed and shook my head, getting out of bed to get some tablets.

"We'll figure that out later. I need tea, food and tablets. What do ya fancy for breakfast?" I asked pulling Alex's shirt over my head. 

"In that shirt... You darling" Alex smirked. I laughed, but that hurt my head too much. 

"Seriously, what do you want?" I persisted, rolling my head and cracking my neck.

"Tea and toast" He stated, trying to pull himself out of bed.

I nod and walk over to the kitchen area, putting the kettle on. I put some bread in the toaster and grabbed 4 Paracetamol out of my bag. Two for me, two for Alex. I finished making the tea and and toast, taking it to the sofa and plonking myself down there. I swallowed the tablets with ease, as Alex sat next to me and mirrored my actions.

I checked my phone again to see a text from Alexa. Huh? How the fuck did she get my number?

"Al?" I started.

"Yes, kitten" He purred.

"I've got a text from Alexa" I said, wearily. He sighed.

"What does it say?" He inquired.

"Olivia, I don't know if you've seen the papers. From the paper it sounds weird but let me explain..." I paused.

"Okaay?" Alex said dubiously.

"So at that party, I got waay to drunk. Like, I could hardly walk. I think you noticed, because I remember you saying something to Alex while looking at me. Alex nodded. So I inferred that you said something like 'should we walk her home, she can't do it by herself' or something like that. So yeah, you guys walked me home to make sure I got back safe, and that's it. I can't thank you enough. I've never known a boys current girlfriend helping out her ex, so thank you. You're a pretty awesome person" 

I smiled as I read this.

"Hey Alex... I'm a pretty awesome person!" I joked, smiling, of course.

"Yes you are!" He added, making me smile. 

"Do you wanna go down to the pool?" Al asked.

"Is that a plot to see me half-naked?" I laughed.

"Maybe... No, I can do that anytime" He smirked. 

I laughed and got up, putting my 50's high-waisted bikini on and a translucent slip on. Alex ran in, putting his trunks and a t-shirt on. We grabbed our towels and made our way down to the pool.